Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How 'fair' is Financial Fair Play?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Another one of these dissertations and another one who unfortunately has not said please. Shame.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Done.

Since the answers are Agree or Disagree, surely the questions should be statements. eg, please state whether you agree or disagree with the following statements.

So instead of:
2. Do you feel the introduction of FFP was needed?
It should be:
2. I feel the introduction of FFP was needed.
Strongly agree... etc

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Done.

Since the answers are Agree or Disagree, surely the questions should be statements. eg, please state whether you agree or disagree with the following statements.

So instead of:
2. Do you feel the introduction of FFP was needed?
It should be:
2. I feel the introduction of FFP was needed.
Strongly agree... etc

Thank you.

Yeah, I understand it could be worded better. Will take this on board though as I may potentially do another survey depending on the results of this one.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Thank you.

Yeah, I understand it could be worded better. Will take this on board though as I may potentially do another survey depending on the results of this one.

So you'll keep doing these questionnaires until you get a result that you want?

Yep, journalism is right for you.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Get rid of parachute payments, and it's reasonably 'fair'.

Keep parachute payments and it should be renamed 'Financial Unfair Play'.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
With the financial windfall on the PL soooo big now expect many clubs in the Championship to be bending the rules far beyond the extent they do now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With the financial windfall on the PL soooo big now expect many clubs in the Championship to be bending the rules far beyond the extent they do now

So tougher for us as we are big fans of FFP

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My opinion is that if FFP didn't terrify the Board at the Albion so much we would have pissed the championship doing handstands in 2012/13.
So I feel it's set the Albion back years,probably decades.

My opinion is that the club thought the hard work was done so failed to see that it was a one off opportunity and didn't go the extra mile to take us up.

I said it at the time and still believe that the club made a big mistake investing in the extra seats rather than the team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Survey completed. "Financial Fair Play" isn't fair when you know the Football League is renaming it "Profitability and Sustainability"

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My opinion is that if FFP didn't terrify the Board at the Albion so much we would have pissed the championship doing handstands in 2012/13.
So I feel it's set the Albion back years,probably decades.

Are you saying Poyet was right with his 'ceiling' comment?

Are you saying Poyet was right with his 'ceiling' comment?

Difficult one this,when He gave that interview after the Palace debacle I ,like most was fuming with Him,looking back,did He have a point?I think it wasn't long after We bottled the Van Dijk signing that he tendered resignation,I think us not going for Van Dijk opened his eyes as to what life working with Barber would be like.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Difficult one this,when He gave that interview after the Palace debacle I ,like most was fuming with Him,looking back,did He have a point?I think it wasn't long after We bottled the Van Dijk signing that he tendered resignation,I think us not going for Van Dijk opened his eyes as to what life working with Barber would be like.

Agree with you entirely about the interview. It was petty, bitter and self pitying.

I don't have the inside track on Van Dijk, was he holding on for a better offer or were we playing hardball over the fee?

Agree with you entirely about the interview. It was petty, bitter and self pitying.

I don't have the inside track on Van Dijk, was he holding on for a better offer or were we playing hardball over the fee?

I seem to remember reading some tweets from a Dutch journo,Stefan Coerts about Groningen want a couple of hundred grand more than we were prepared to go,also at the time the player himself was tweeting at about how gutted He was at a deal not being done.
He seems to have done alright for himself since going to Celtic,probably get a move to the prem in the summer,would've been a great investment for us.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Get rid of parachute payments, and it's reasonably 'fair'.

Keep parachute payments and it should be renamed 'Financial Unfair Play'.

How so?

TB voted for the new rules which means that a club relegated from the PL can have allowable losses of up to £83M over 3 years compared to other clubs that will have allowable losses of less than half that figure at £39M - how is that "reasonably 'fair'" ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How so?

TB voted for the new rules which means that a club relegated from the PL can have allowable losses of up to £83M over 3 years compared to other clubs that will have allowable losses of less than half that figure at £39M - how is that "reasonably 'fair'" ???

I didn't know that.

OK, it is totally unfair, and parachute payments make it even more so.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here