Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk up front

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not for me, he is good for set pieces as is. CoG with Baldock or Cms running off him and Tex and LL wide for service

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It would be a sign of utter desperation if we converted our best defender into a striker because our strikers aren't scoring. Perhaps we are utterly desperate, but we need him at the back.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Rather Halford than Dunk. He has experience of playing reasonably regularly as a stand-in centre forward in this league with Forest

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Our new front line for a 4-3-3

oreo_twist.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Leave Dunk where he is as a yardstick with which to beat our so-called strikers and maybe shame them into earning their keep.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
The way we play you just as well leave him at the back. We're only going to score from free kicks, corners and Halford throw ins playing an isolated striker. Dunk can come forward from defence for those.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not for me... Because there is nothing to suggest that he'd be any good at shooting, or with the ball at his feet in attacking positions. All his goals have come from set piece headers, which he's comes up from center back for anyway.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I think he said in a programme that he was a striker when he was young and playing for Wimbledon. Converted into a centre back by the Albion.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
He's not got the best feet when the ball reaches him in an attacking role. He's best as an aerial threat from set plays.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Not for me... Because there is nothing to suggest that he'd be any good at shooting, or with the ball at his feet in attacking positions. All his goals have come from set piece headers, which he's comes up from center back for anyway.

I swear 2/3 goals have came with his feet, admittedly I think they were tap-ins from set pieces.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its not such a stupid idea. its a good option. start him at CB, then after 60 and we are struggling like normal to score, you bring on Hughes or Halford (or move Calderon to CB) and move Dunk up front......could be no worse than what we do now....which is pretty terrible.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Not a good idea as it does not solve the root cause. There would still be the need to get competent (on target) shooters close to Dunk for the flick-ons and knock-downs - as is the problem now. Second problem is the service - Dunk would only really be dangerous in the air from wingers crossing the ball back from the goal-line. In open play, our delivery of inswinging crosses has been appalling. Wingers getting to the goal line is a rarity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here