Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance stats

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Hi

Anybody inform me of the numbers of us that attended Blackpool and Shef W away?

Cannot find - be grateful for numebrs

Cheers

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Don't know the numbers, but they weren't read out and we certainly were not applauded by the home fans. I feel a little deflated and upset.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
According to the official Twitter page it was 675 for Sheffield Wed game. I can't believe those fans weren't clapped. Shocking bad manners.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I clicked with trepidation on this thread -- dreading the next installment of the permanent binfest over the discrepancy between the announced attendance, and the bums-in-seats.

And it wasn't!

Thank you. A little bit of happy in the morning.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Hey cheers re Blackpool stat where did you get that from looked in all the normal places??

No worries mate. I looked back on Twitter. Either official BHAFC or Darren Balkham tend to tweet such info.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Here's a stat.

Bristol City, clear at the top of League One and awesome home form all season, played Sheffield United yesterday and got 11K attendance...

Are they really as massive and well supported as us...?

Feb 14, 2010
Here's a stat.

Bristol City, clear at the top of League One and awesome home form all season, played Sheffield United yesterday and got 11K attendance...

Brighton's support goes under the national radar because the team for the last 100 years has achieved nothing and been between almost average to absolutely terrible, playing lower league football for all but 3 seasons. BHA are the 11th best supported club in the country despite this and we are not even in the top flight. As an aside, the highlights of the palace game showed gaps in the palace end for Liverpool at Selhurst yesterday and Selhurst only holds around 25000. I also understand Millwall took less than 250 to Leeds yesterday.. and they have a 50 mile head start on their travel than Albion fans.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Brighton's support goes under the national radar because the team for the last 100 years has achieved nothing and been between almost average to absolutely terrible, playing lower league football for all but 3 seasons. BHA are the 11th best supported club in the country despite this and we are not even in the top flight. As an aside, the highlights of the palace game showed gaps in the palace end for Liverpool at Selhurst yesterday and Selhurst only holds around 25000. I also understand Millwall took less than 250 to Leeds yesterday.. and they have a 50 mile head start on their travel than Albion fans.
I love your stuff and "11th best supported club in the country" sounds great. Compared to a lot of clubs we have been massively starved of success... Only 4 years ever in the top flight (none since the Premier League) and only two major cup quarter finals that I can think of in 50 years (might be another but even so is pitiful)...

Millwall were restricted by OB yesterday.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I also understand Millwall took less than 250 to Leeds yesterday.. and they have a 50 mile head start on their travel than Albion fans.

Millwall's away support is proper sh*thouse, true.

But yesterday was understandable. Their fans were forced to travel on a coach and exchange a voucher for a ticket on the M1, and yet were charged over £35 for the 'privilege' (without the coach costs).

Feb 14, 2010
I love your stuff and "11th best supported club in the country" sounds great. Compared to a lot of clubs we have been massively starved of success... Only 4 years ever in the top flight (none since the Premier League) and only two major cup quarter finals that I can think of in 50 years (might be another but even so is pitiful)...

Millwall were restricted by OB yesterday.

Cheers its important to compare like with like, something many dont like doing on NSCAs for Wall...They took 234.. they were not that restricted !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Always worth looking on footballforums.net too which has an away attendances thread in the Championship forum as an anorak will usually post the numbers.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Here's a stat.

A disappointing attendance for such a game, however it might be something to do with the reduced capacity during the redevelopment of Ashton Gate?

A stand behind one goal is being replaced and another along one touchline is being rebuilt, with more work to come. :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2010
Sounds great, but it's not true.

Really, name the others with average gates over last couple of seasons? Also name another side with such a lack of success who can show the support levels of the Albion, both now and in the 70s, through to the 3rd div south days. I know you strangely dont like the point but Brightons support is fantastic despite the teams historic and spectacular failure

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There are 15 teams in the Premier League with a higher average attendance, the 15th being West Brom (24,820)
There are two teams in the Championship with higher average attendances (Norwich and Derby)

Feb 14, 2010
There are 15 teams in the Premier League with a higher average attendance, the 15th being West Brom (24,820)
There are two teams in the Championship with higher average attendances (Norwich and Derby)

This season so far, not last season, but I will take that, 18th best supported club in the country despite fighting a relegation battle in the second tier. Bloody lucky are BHA with its support. As a comparison, the season palace got promoted to the top flight their gates started out at between 13000 to 14000. They then gave tickets away, and rose to 15000/16000 and then had one gate that season above 20,000, that was against us. The Albion seem to take for granted our support. The team just never matches it, never mind exceeds it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here