Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is the problem with our recrutment.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Bha- we would really like you to play for our club , come down and have a chat.
player- ok
End of the day
bha- as you can se ,we have a state of the art training complex, and our ambition is prem lge football.
player - very nice, I can se myself playing here.
bha- well good news, we are willing to offer you a 1 year contract on £10:000 per week.
player - er wel actually I was looking for a 3 year contract on about £20:000 per week.
bha- oh wel , er we have a very strict budget we have to keep to, er, lets se if we can comprimise.
player -ok

After a couple of days descusion.

player - well if your willing to give me a 2 year contract at £ 13:000 il sign today.
bha- we need to discuss this at a board meeting , but yes im shore thats fine.

A few days pass and the player gets a call.

Player - hello
bha- hi there great news were willing to give you a 1 year contract at £11:000.
Player - I thought we basically agreed on 2 years at £13:000.
Bha- wel , er, we really have a strict budget to keep to. But remember we have a very shiney new training ground. Any way have a couple of days to think about it.

Mean while another championship club have heard about this and called the player.

club , we are prepared to offer you a 2 year contract at £13:000. Would you like to come and meet.
playet ok
The player goes and signs the deal.

I know it doesn't actually work like this , ie agents etc.
but this in a nut shell in my opinion, is whats wrong with our club at the moment.

and yes I am bored and cant sleep.:lolol::mad:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
but this in a nut shell in my opinion, is whats wrong with our club at the moment.

and yes I am bored and cant sleep.[emoji38]ol::mad:

I'm pretty sure it does work like that in some respects, but you are doing a disservice to the club.

I don't know who operates what, but we have been quite early in the past of securing people we wanted.

Lots of clubs operate the way we do, but the attention is drawn towards the cash rich and callous.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isnt this based on the hearsay of one single deal?

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Loads of doom and gloom on this board since yesterday, just to recap, we have drawn the last two away games with two clean sheets, both games were entirely loseable (is that a word?).
Sympathy for our away supporters watching those games, but we should really chill out.
If Hughton had gone all out attack and lost them both by an odd goal in five, this board would be in meltdown, screaming for a more defensive set up.#
Get behind the team !

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Loads of doom and gloom on this board since yesterday, just to recap, we have drawn the last two away games with two clean sheets, both games were entirely loseable (is that a word?).
Sympathy for our away supporters watching those games, but we should really chill out.
If Hughton had gone all out attack and lost them both by an odd goal in five, this board would be in meltdown, screaming for a more defensive set up.#
Get behind the team !

My thoughts entirely. CH has plugged a gap. Now we move on.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Keep it in the nut shell and go to sleep.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Paul Barber: I don't get this thread
Tony Bloom: I think he's trying to say that we spend too long in the negotiation process and so players talk to other clubs and demand more money.
Paul: He makes a good point then, and I especially like it how he makes it through writing a mini screenplay.
Tony: Indeed. Despite the striking spelling errors, I think this guy is a genius... don't we need a new DoF?
Paul: Come on Tony, hiring a bloke purely on the basis that he makes a phenomenal post on NSC is not enough to land him such a position.
Tony: ...true, but to be fair, he would be cheap.
Paul: Hmm... I suppose this would save a lot of money on FFP.
Tony: Then it is done. jay d is our new DoF!

Congrats jay d

thank you,
I would just like to say to the fans, that I am completely commited to not only bringing in the best players we can, but to do quickley and afficiantly. So as to have the team have a good understanding of each other over pre season, ready for a promotion chasing campain next season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bha- we would really like you to play for our club , come down and have a chat.
player- ok
End of the day
bha- as you can se ,we have a state of the art training complex, and our ambition is prem lge football.
player - very nice, I can se myself playing here.
bha- well good news, we are willing to offer you a 1 year contract on £10:000 per week.
player - er wel actually I was looking for a 3 year contract on about £20:000 per week.
bha- oh wel , er we have a very strict budget we have to keep to, er, lets se if we can comprimise.
player -ok

After a couple of days descusion.

player - well if your willing to give me a 2 year contract at £ 13:000 il sign today.
bha- we need to discuss this at a board meeting , but yes im shore thats fine.

A few days pass and the player gets a call.

Player - hello
bha- hi there great news were willing to give you a 1 year contract at £11:000.
Player - I thought we basically agreed on 2 years at £13:000.
Bha- wel , er, we really have a strict budget to keep to. But remember we have a very shiney new training ground. Any way have a couple of days to think about it.

Mean while another championship club have heard about this and called the player.

club , we are prepared to offer you a 2 year contract at £13:000. Would you like to come and meet.
playet ok
The player goes and signs the deal.

and yes I am bored and cant sleep.:lolol::mad:

And the Oscar for the best original screenplay goes to (pause) jAY D........
:Rapturous applause:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here