Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Reading have Yakubu and we've got...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hmmmmm this is what I'm talking about: Yakubu would have been the Rock & roll signing of yore, in it's place we've got Leon Best lip syncing to Goodbye Again by John F'ing Denver.

I quote the big man "I never ruled out coming back to England... Reading were willing to give me a chance..." And very possibly a massive pile of cash, yes, but was he even on our 'target man' radar? But hey, we've got O'Grady baby... Oh God.

Kosh

Last edited:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Too be fair to Best, not sure he's had exactly great service to work with. Couldn't go today but sounded like hold up play was ok. He needs players either closer to him, breaking from midfield running past him, the ball slipping into channels or god forbid a few good crosses to feed off.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Too be fair to Best, not sure he's had exactly great service to work with. Couldn't go today but sounded like hold up play was ok. He needs players either closer to him, breaking from midfield running past him, the ball slipping into channels or god forbid a few good crosses to feed off.

Agreed, but a marquee signing of a Yakubu like figure would have lifted the entire squad... With all the good will in the world Best could never garner that kind of positive reaction... Indeed It is folly to argue the counter; not with 10 of his ilk could you hope for this.

Kosh

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Agreed, but a marquee signing of a Yakubu like figure would have lifted the entire squad... With all the good will in the world Best could never garner that kind of feeling... Indeed It is folly; not with 10 of his ilk could you do this.

Kosh

Pretty sure plenty on here would have dismissed Yakubu before he even kicked a ball.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
We probably did go for him, just wouldn't pay the going rate.
I.e wouldn't coff up the extra £100

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
the fact that you think yakubu is a marquee signing compared to leon best tells me all i need to know about your knowledge of football

yakubu ****ed off to chase the money in china 3 years ago and the middle east (around the same time leon best came to prominence in the premier league with newcastle), you think we would ever pay the wages he expects? get real.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
the fact that you think yakubu is a marquee signing compared to leon best tells me all i need to know about your knowledge of football

yakubu ****ed off to chase the money in china 3 years ago and the middle east (around the same time leon best came to prominence in the premier league with newcastle), you think we would ever pay the wages he expects? get real.

I can't remember Leon Best ever being prominent with anyone in the PL. A 1 in 4 player at Newcastle, which kind of explains his touring of Championship clubs over the past couple of years. He's demonstrated nothing that sets him apart from COG, Baldock and CMS. We need more than that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do some of you really think that Yakubu wouldn't have been a better option than Best? Blimey.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Do some of you really think that Yakubu wouldn't have been a better option than Best? Blimey.

Yep seemingly so - it really says all it needs to regarding certain individuals knowledge of football. I live in Newcastle btw, and I can tell you all Leon Best never came to prominence, never.

I firmly accept Yakubu is a mercenary - As, I strongly suspect, would Best if he had half of his talent and footballing kudos.

Kosh

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here