Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock adamant Albion should have had penalty [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Sam Baldock was adamant he should have been awarded a penalty in the second half of Albion’s goalless draw with Sheffield Wednesday.
The Seagulls forward went down under challenge from Liam Palmer but referee Scott Duncan waved away his appeals for a spot-kick.
The game ended 0-0 which is another important point in the fight for Championship survival.
Albion boss Chris Hughton said: “We had a couple of half chances ourselves. Certainly looking at the penalty appeal, I haven’t seen it but I spoke with Sam two or three times afterwards and he was adamant it was a clear penalty.
“This was after (the game), it wasn’t straight afterwards when the emotions are high. I left it a little while and asked him again and he said it was a stonewall penalty.”
This was Albion’s second successive goalless draw after a similar stalemate in Cardiff on Tuesday.
The state of the Hillsborough pitch did not help Albion’s passing style.
Hughton said: “I thought it was hard-eanred, well-deserved point. The surface was very difficult, certainly for the way we like to play.
“It is difficult and you end up having to be a little bit more direct, they certainly were, so you have to defend well.
“We are on the back of two really tough away games and two clean sheets but it is that transition between defending well and the breaks that we had and maybe making just a little bit more of the breaks we had.”
%headlines(31135,display=’headlines’,limit=5)

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here