Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Since Poyet (and Vicente) left, watching the Albion has been so f***** boring.

Garcia introduced an uber-boring brand of football, then left. Luckily, for him (and us) Poyet had left him a gift of a striker from Argentina to provide some golden moments. Then we sold him.

Hyypia was brought in to continue this trend of total (boring) football and somehow took it to a new level of dross. Then was sacked.

The current style of football is no better or worse than the previous two versions in my opinion-feel a bit sorry for Hughton actually, he's not been left much to work with.

Football is supposed to be entertaining-people work hard all week for a Saturday treat to the football. It's not been a treat for too long now. Feels like we might have been tricked.

Last edited:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Fyuck me, if you want to read about football fans moaning about boring football go and take a look at readytogo where the Blunderland fans never stop bemoaning the tedious 'side to side' football of Poyet.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
People have short memories if Poyet had been more attacking at home we would be in the PL. I sat through many a boring game at the Amex with Mr. Poyet at the helm.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And here we go again, 4 days after the last one, third time this week.

GET OVER IT.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Garcia introduced an uber-boring brand of football, then left. Luckily, for him (and us) Poyet had left him a gift of a striker from Argentina to provide some golden moments. Then we sold him.

Hyypia was brought in to continue this trend of total (boring) football and somehow took it to a new level of dross. Then was sacked.

The current style of football is no better or worse than the previous two versions in my opinion-feel a bit sorry for Hughton actually, he's not been left much to work with.

Football is supposed to be entertaining-people work hard all week for a Saturday treat to the football. It's not been a treat for too long now. Feels like we might have been tricked.

Poyets style wasn't particularly entertaining. I recently brought my son in law to the Amex, he comes three times a year and his take on Poyet/Garcia/Hyppia and now Hughton is that he couldn't see much difference in the style of play with any of them. We're slow, slow, slow and predictable.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Its boring cause we don`t win/score....But Garcia Hypia and Hughton don`t have the players Poyet had.....I think we`ll stay up but only Just................Ps Ipswich and Arsenal games weren`t boring..

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Lets face it on average apart from one exiting season in league 1 when we won it, weve had boring football for the last 10 years. We done well to get to play offs twice but in each of those seasons we played very frustrating football. Should be used to it by now

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
You seem to be forgetting that Gus had the best squad we have had in a long time and still contrived to **** up easy games especially at the Amex by playing too conservatively. If only we'd played the same attacking line up against Palace in the play off home leg as we did on St Patricks day that year...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You seem to be forgetting that Gus had the best squad we have had in a long time and still contrived to **** up easy games especially at the Amex by playing too conservatively. If only we'd played the same attacking line up against Palace in the play off home leg as we did on St Patricks day that year...
The Poyet loyalists still manage to defend him despite him f@cking up this game because his ego was bruised. He knew how to beat Palace and tried his hardest not to unforgiveable.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

Hard to believe I know, but hyypier WASN'T sacked.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Lets face it on average apart from one exiting season in league 1 when we won it, weve had boring football for the last 10 years. We done well to get to play offs twice but in each of those seasons we played very frustrating football. Should be used to it by now

You have a point...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Many games during both autumn periods in fact under Poyet were dull goalless affairs, shotless at times even.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
People have short memories if Poyet had been more attacking at home we would be in the PL. I sat through many a boring game at the Amex with Mr. Poyet at the helm.

It was boring finishing fourth in the Championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here