Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone needs to take responsibility

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I don't care if it's Bloom or Barber.

Learn from your mistakes!!

1) It's a DISGRACE replacing Ulloa with O'Grady, but you can be forgiven for making a mistake. To then replace him with someone of the calibre of Darren Bent with Leon Best is absolutely shocking.

2) It's a DISGRACE spending MILLIONS on a short League 1 striker who runs about a lot (CMS), only to realise they don't really fit our playing style. It's forgivable though, transfer blunders happen. But to then do it again with a carbon copy in Sam Baldock is piss poor.

That's the reason above all else in my opinion that we're in a relegation scrap. Someone somewhere needs a ****ing slap.

CLOWNS in charge of this club when it comes to on the pitch matters.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Blooms fault for employing Hyypia, Burkes fault for signing a number of poor players, Hyppias fault for not being as good at managing as he thought he was and not getting a grasp on the strength of the squad. Both Hyypias and Burkes fault for walking into the start of the season completely unprepared.

I don't know whose fault it was for not signing a quality striker, Bloom and Hughton probably.

The whole strategy has been wrong for a long time now and that has to come down to Bloom.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
It's been a piss up in a brewery this last 2 seasons.

Nice shiny buildings but it's the people that make the difference we seem to have forgotten that.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Blooms fault for employing Hyypia, Burkes fault for signing a number of poor players, Hyppias fault for not being as good at managing as he thought he was and not getting a grasp on the strength of the squad. Both Hyypias and Burkes fault for walking into the start of the season completely unprepared.

I don't know whose fault it was for not signing a quality striker, Bloom and Hughton probably.

The whole strategy has been wrong for a long time now and that has to come down to Bloom.
Are you suggesting that Bloom doesn't make himself accountable for our failures?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloom is responsible for EVERYTHING.

Bloom hires.
Bloom pays the wages.
Bloom fires.

How much more responsibility is there?

This thread isn't about anyone taking responsibility. It's just about pointing the finger of blame at someone.

What is needed is what the thread title says - someone to take responsibility for getting us out of this mess. It HAS to be the manager.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No, just that we don't seem to have had a clear strategy over the last two years and that comes from up top.
I agree, but all the while that Tony Bloom continues to pick up the £10m a year tab, he's going to be fully aware of his responsibility, and I don't think he points the finger of blame at anyone else.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
How many more times, its the executive who should take responsibility:

Recruitment
Unrealistic pursuit of FFP
Vague strategy
A view from afar Tony Bloom 'we have a top six squad'
Disrespecting the Championship
Being disingenuous with the paying fans

I'm starting to find something distasteful with those who run the club I love.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
How many more times, its the executive who should take responsibility:

Recruitment
Unrealistic pursuit of FFP
Vague strategy
A view from afar Tony Bloom 'we have a top six squad'
Disrespecting the Championship
Being disingenuous with the paying fans

I'm starting to find something distasteful with those who run the club I love.

But apparently there's a sale on in the club shop?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
But apparently there's a sale on in the club shop?

Of course and apparently we're eating more pies even though there are less people attending and after a complete botch on the parking at Bennetts Field, ffs, the car park is open for business with a handful of home games to go. Four caterers in three years, a car park upcock and that's before we get to watch a game, is there any wonder what happens on the pitch is shocking!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I feel that its growing pains,from what is really a new club,compared to even the wilderness years.Mistakes have/are being made.The buck stops with Tony Bloom,but he is a fan and he has stuck his neck out for the club,my guess that he has stuck it out rather too far,for his family's liking.This is a crap season,and my only hope that the lessons have been learn t,CH seems a step it that direction.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

........................ but who will pay him back?

Is it £150 million?
Pays the piper calls the tune?

So, let's sack the Chairman.

But who will pay him back the £150 million he has put into the club?

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
180 million quid in.......nice ground , nice academy......he's done his bit , it's up to the 15 k a week blurters on the faarkin pitch to do their bit...............innit...??

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
180 million quid in.......nice ground , nice academy......he's done his bit , it's up to the 15 k a week blurters on the faarkin pitch to do their bit...............innit...??

Absolutely this.
However, if you pick poor players, it matters not what you pay them. They are still going to be poor. :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here