Sky Bet Championship

• Venue: Hillsborough
  • Date: Saturday, 14 February
  • Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
  • Referee: Scott Duncan
  • Assistants: Paul Marsden, Kevin Mulraine
  • Fourth Official: Darren Deadman

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Sheffield Wednesday skipper Glenn Loovens faces a late fitness test after sustaining an ankle injury.
    [*=left]Forward Chris Maguire is suspended and midfielder Jose Semedo is doubtful with a toe injury.
    [*=left]Brighton could welcome back Sam Baldock from a hamstring injury but Andrew Crofts is a long-term absentee (knee) and Solly March remains a doubt (calf).
    [*=left]Dale Stephens should be involved again after returning from a 10-month injury lay-off in the midweek Cardiff match.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head

• Sheffield Wednesday won the earlier meeting this season 1-0 at the Amex Stadium in August.
• Wednesday have won three of the last four meetings, drawing the other. Brighton's last win was 3-0 at home in September 2012.
• Brighton have not won any of the 14 meetings at Hillsborough in all competitions, losing eight.

Sheffield Wednesday

• Sheffield Wednesday have not won any of their last five games, losing three. Their last win was 2-0 at Nottingham Forest on 10 January.
• The Owls have won only one of their last five home games. Their only win at Hillsborough since November was 1-0 against Blackpool on Boxing Day.

Brighton

• Brighton have lost three of their last four games in all competitions, drawing the other. Their last win was 3-2 against Ipswich at home in the Championship on 21 January.
• Albion have lost only one of their last six away games in all competitions. Their only defeat on the road since early December was 1-0 at Blackpool in the Championship on 31 January.​

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Wheel louse

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sheffield Wednesday:lolol: 1- 2 Brighton and Hove Albion:amex:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
When was the last time we won at Hillsborough? Anyone remember? ???

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I thought I had to make one since it was coming upto the match and there were none!

Wheel loose

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kelham Island here we come

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the groundsmen looking after the pitch at Hillsborough went on the same training course as the Blackpool ones.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The curse of the 'former player always scores' is on our side with O'Gravy & Best however this is more than cancelled out by our current curse of scoring very few goals and giving away a goal ever time a shot on target is made against us. Don't expect a Murray at the Amex performance, the pitch is set up for a 0-0 unless Wednesday can get a lucky goal which they are not in the habit of doing at home.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This is Sheffield Wednesday:

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/25

Preview:

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830316/Preview

A difficult team selection for CH as he does do not know if Loovens is fit or injured. I would assume Loovens was fit enough to play, but to load the subs bench with attacking players in case he is not.

Hillsborough Never been there. Never been to Sheffield. I have heard they have trams there?

Wednesday are a long ball team. At the Amex it was lofting the ball on to the heads of Greer and Dunk. Awful game even compared to the ones after. Wednesday played extremely well in defence and I thought Loovens was their MOM
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829899/MatchReport

Giles Coke seems to playing well, but his goal at the Amex was the only one he has scored this season and he may very well have fluked it. Maghoma may be their danger man. Maguire on the right hand side may have more joy as our left side is not so strong.

I tipped Wednesday to be pretenders this season, but I would disappointed of we don't win for the first time at Hillsborough. We need to make up for the Forest upset and to keep on target for 49 pts.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Expecting some caustic comments about Holla this afternoon as Warren Aspinall returns to the commentary team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 24s24 seconds ago

Steady rain is not going to help the pitch. #bhafc

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Adrian Harms ‏@AdrianHarms 31s32 seconds ago Sheffield, England

Tipping it down in Sheffield the pitch didn't look great before the rain [MENTION=20735]Johnny[/MENTION]cburger @BBCSussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here