Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£45 for Status Quo.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not really my cup of tea, but I bet it'd be a cracking night.

We had a works do at the Brighton Centre once when they were playing, and I have to say, they were bloody brilliant.
'not really my cup of tea but they were bloody brilliant' thanks for clarifying that. ha ha ha

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not really my cup of tea, but I bet it'd be a cracking night.

We had a works do at the Brighton Centre once when they were playing, and I have to say, they were bloody brilliant.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
' not really my cup of tea but they were bloody brilliant' thanks for clarifying that

By that I mean I'm not a "Quo fan", and wouldn't bother buying tickets meself. They just happened to be playing in the main concert hall when we had a works xmas do in one of the function rooms that night at the B C, and we were all sneaking out onto the balcony to cop a sneaky gander. They were loud, and they were very good, if a bit old hat. But there'd certainly be worse ways to spend £45 on an evening out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw them just before crimbo at the Brighton centre, very good night. Go for it !

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought they had retired ages ago, I went to a gig on their farewell tour at S******t P**k. Good live band though.

That was supposed to be the "End of the Road" tour. I saw the gig you refer to and also went to Milton Keynes Bowl, where they were supported by Gary Glitter, amongst others.

I thought I was seeing their last two live appearances, but have seen them a couple of times since. Always good value.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I saw them on their 'XX' 20th anniversary tour. 33 years ago.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Say what you like about them, they put on a hell of a good live show.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I find it amazing that the whole music industry has turned upside down. It used to be that they made money from record sales and tours were usually done at break even at best. 45 quid seems a huge amount to pay to see Status Quo but if it is the only way they can make money, then good luck to them. I suppose if people are prepared to pay 100 quid + to see that arsehead Bieber then perhaps 45 quid is a bargain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm waiting for [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION] post. He usually defends the status quo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here