Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advice & information on Northern Cyprus for holidays.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
We have never been to Cyprus and it would be myself and the knife,saw this advert in a paper and have checked the site (see link) we have never stayed in a hotel or complex more of 'put it together ourselves' holiday,therefore places like Nerja,Torrox,Paxios,Skiathos etc have been more to our liking just outside of town (10/15 walk so not busy/loud) but lots to do. Thanks. :bigwave: http://www.cyprusparadise.com/?AffiliateID=147&gclid=COXU1p7o38MCFULKtAodxD0A-w

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Some of the flights are with Turkish airline Tailwind,might just take my stirpey Blue 'n' White Albion flag,mind you it does look abit Greek !

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Have been on hols in North Cyprus many times, it's a wonderful place, with exceptional hospitality, great food, amazing scenery, stunning history and brilliant people. The climate is stunning and it's great value. Not half bad golf course either (Just The one). Knocks South Cyprus into a cocked hat in so many ways. We've. Made some very good local friend there, and go back at least once a year.
We always go independent, fly into a Larnaca and arrange transfers with the same (TRNC) firm we book accommodation with, who happen to have a taxi firm!
PM me if you want to have a chat about it.
How easy was it getting a visa and crossing the border?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Advice & information on Northern Cyprus for holidays.

Have been on hols in North Cyprus many times, it's a wonderful place, with exceptional hospitality, great food, amazing scenery, stunning history and brilliant people. The climate is stunning and it's great value. Not half bad golf course either (Just The one). Knocks South Cyprus into a cocked hat in so many ways. We've. Made some very good local friend there, and go back at least once a year.
We always go independent, fly into a Larnaca and arrange transfers with the same (TRNC) firm we book accommodation with, who happen to have a taxi firm!
PM me if you want to have a chat about it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Piece of cake, just go to the border, just like crossing anywhere, take passport, you fill out a very small visa form and you're through, takes about 30 seconds a person to process.

To enter Turkey now you have to get your visa beforehand. They have stopped doing them at the airports as of last year. I wonder if that applies to north Cyprus?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
How easy was it getting a visa and crossing the border?

Piece of cake, just go to the border, just like crossing anywhere, take passport, you fill out a very small visa form and you're through, takes about 30 seconds a person to process.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I might look into this for 2016. Already going back to Turkey this year for the 7th time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How much roughly were your flights with luggage?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
To enter Turkey now you have to get your visa beforehand. They have stopped doing them at the airports as of last year. I wonder if that applies to north Cyprus?

If you fly into South Cyprus there is no problem crossing the border

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Superphil,who are the Airlines that fly to Cyprus ?

In the distant past we used Cyprus Turkish airlines, they've since gone bust, now you Can use Pegasus to fly from the UK 'direct' to TRNC, but requires a touch down in Turkey mainland. For the past 5 or 6 years we've used Easyjet to Larnaca and got our transfers from there. A bit quicker (no touchdown) and a bit cheaper (Easyjet after all), we've got a tame taxi firm in Kyrenia so we get a very sensible rate for the transfer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here