Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have You Ever Lived Near A Football Ground

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
looking through the book 'football grounds from the air' today and can't help but think how Lucky it would be to live near a football ground
Liverpool with all those terrace houses being a good example,imagine living there when they we're in their pomp

my only claim to fame is living in Mercread Road,Seaford back in the 80's,watching Brighton play Seaford at the crouch in a pre season friendly from my bedroom window,very surreal after all those years going all over following the Albion,still remember a Doug Rougvie bullet header

did those houses over looking the chicken run ever come up for sale and if so we're they more expensive than usual?

whenever I was on my travels around Britain I'd always make sure to visit football grounds,they're all special in a way,even Plainmoor!

Lived in goldstone lane pretty much could see the whole pitch:moo:

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 919
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 915
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 912

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I used to live about five minutes from Highbury. I could make a snap decision to go to a game at 2.50 and still be in time for kick-off ... those were the days

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Lived in Luton for a year and the ground was right at the end of the street, never went though :)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Rev,did you purposely buy the house for it's location?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Does it have to be football league?

I grew up in Boston Road, Haywards Heath and could just about see about half the pitch of Hanbury Park Stadium from the landing or my bedroom windows

Rev,did you purposely buy the house for it's location?

Blooming right i did:thumbsup: Enoyed watching reserve games and rep games from the front garden or bedroom windows,even sitting on the throne i still got a glimpse of the turf! As the club were banning people we got more and more wanting to watch from the house,even had the club threatening to put up a screen:facepalm:

I lodged in a house that was 100 yards from the away end of Fratton Park for 3 years whilst at Portsmouth University in 1989 - 1992.
I hardly ever went to their games as I preferred to save my money for Albion games.
Sat in the house it was very easy to tell how the game was going from the crowd noises.

Big roar = Pompey goal
Big Ooh = near miss by Pompey
Medium roar = corner
Quiet cheer amidst general silence = away goal
Tinkling Bell all the fracking evening = Mr Portsmouth Football Club

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Blooming right i did:thumbsup: Enoyed watching reserve games and rep games from the front garden or bedroom windows,even sitting on the throne i still got a glimpse of the turf! As the club were banning people we got more and more wanting to watch from the house,even had the club threatening to put up a screen:facepalm:

Didn't you have Sky cameras on your garden during the troubles !

I used to live round the corner from Ashton Gate. Even though I've got no time for City home game Saturdays were pretty good to see. There's nothing like a football ground right in the centre of where the support lives.

I only got in trouble once and that was the day after the play off final when I spotted some City players using the cash machine at the top of our road. I slipped on my Albion top and went for a stroll around the block. The players were fine we had a bit of a chat but Mrs Wild Years wasn't to pleased at my attempt to wind them up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here