Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General weirdness when quoting

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Whats going on with this weirdness when quoting people?

In the "coffee" thread there are a number of quoted posts between myself, [MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION] and [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] that appear as quoting a post before that post appears in the thread!

Example: Post #15 by [MENTION=13836]deletebeepbeepbeep[/MENTION] quotes my post #16, and post #21 by [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] quotes my post which doesn't appear until post #23

Spotted an example yesterday where the very first post in a thread was someone quoting the OP !

Have we got some psychic users on here :eek:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

In the "coffee" thread there are a number of quoted posts between myself, @deletebeepbeepbeep and @edna krabappel that appear as quoting a post before that post appears in the thread!

Example: Post #15 by @deletebeepbeepbeep quotes my post #16, and post #21 by @edna krabappel quotes my post which doesn't appear until post #23

Spotted an example yesterday where the very first post in a thread was someone quoting the OP !

this was happening a lot on the match thread Tuesday

Right then [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] . If it helps, when I posted I got the do you want to leave this page thingy, when I pressed yes it took me to the Thou shalt not post twice in 60 seconds page.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right then [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] . If it helps, when I posted I got the do you want to leave this page thingy, when I pressed yes it took me to the Thou shalt not post twice in 60 seconds page.

Sorry - I've not looked at this closely and I'm out for a few hours now. Can you explain what you do and what the end result is please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Someone yesterday replied to a thread, and it appeared before the OP.

Weird shit.

In the "coffee" thread there are a number of quoted posts between myself, @deletebeepbeepbeep and @edna krabappel that appear as quoting a post before that post appears in the thread!

Example: Post #15 by @deletebeepbeepbeep quotes my post #16, and post #21 by @edna krabappel quotes my post which doesn't appear until post #23

Brilliant. As if proof was needed.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Have we got 2 or more servers with some sort of load-sharing where the least busy handles the request set to different times to each other?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have we got 2 or more servers with some sort of load-sharing where the least busy handles the request set to different times to each other?

No.

I haven't figured out what people are saying is actually happening, although I can see the end result.

Are we saying that the second quoting post and the original post are swapping positions?

No. That's the way the Albion attack works. Every time there is an opportunity to post a goal, the ball gets passed to another player and the shot gets mistimed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yes, I'm getting that too, using a pc at home.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
No.

I haven't figured out what people are saying is actually happening, although I can see the end result.

Are we saying that the second quoting post and the original post are swapping positions?

On the match day thread, quoted and unquoted posts were jumping around all over the place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here