Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-160115-l229-2208094_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
12:41 13th February 2015
by James Hilsum
The players need to keep their feet firmly on the ground and make sure they stick to the job at hand. "
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs has urged his players to guard against complacency, as they prepare to face Hassocks in the Sussex Challenge Cup semi-final at Culver Road on Sunday, kick-off 2pm.
The game is Albion’s first in the competition for nearly four months after a 9-2 win over Wivelsfield Green in October, but Marrs insists his players cannot be complacent going into the game.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The players need to keep their feet firmly on the ground and make sure they stick to the job at hand.
“We’re under no illusion that it will be easy; these games can be very difficult if you don’t live up to your own expectations or high standards. If we lower them at all then we’ll be in for a tough game, but I’m hoping that won’t happen.
“It’s a game that they’ll [Hassocks] probably relish and they’ll be looking for a giant-killing and give it absolutely everything they can in order to upset us.
“I’m fully aware of that; I’ve been involved in lots of these games before, so I’m quite experienced in terms of what happens and I would like to say that we’re in good shape for it and the girls are in a good place mentally.”*******************************

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Seagulls will be aiming to secure a fourth consecutive appearance in the final and erase the memory of last season’s 3-0 defeat to Chichester. Marrs says he and the players have all the motivation they need to reach the county’s showpiece match next month.
“Last year was quite a difficult affair due to the weather conditions, but both teams had to play in it and fair play to Chichester for picking up a 3-0 win. I was very surprised when I heard that result, but we’re just hoping that we can get past Hassocks first.
“This is an important trophy to be involved in and I want to win it. To win a trophy in my first year would be absolutely brilliant.”TEAM NEWS
davis-l229-2268417.jpg

Lauren Davis has recovered from a shoulder injury and is expected to feature either for the first team or for the development squad in their match away at Bedford. Lisa Fulgence remains the only long-term absentee with a knee injury.
There is free entry to all Albion season-ticket holders and under-16s for Sunday’s match, otherwise admission is priced at £3 for adults.
[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here