Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool fan forced into apology to Oystons

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Loathsome as the Oystons may be, think there is a lesson for all on this one. If you can't prove serious allegations, don't put them on the internet in your own or another name...pretty surprising a lawyer could be that dumb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-31451475

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Loathsome as the Oystons may be, think there is a lesson for all on this one. If you can't prove serious allegations, don't put them on the internet in your own or another name...pretty surprising a lawyer could be that dumb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-31451475

Not sure what the Oystons gain out of cases like this. It's all just more fuel on the fire of negative publicity. Tens of thousands more people who were oblivious to the goings-on at BFC, will now read these comments, and draw their own conclusions.

: "In recent months I have made several postings on fans' websites and social media (in my own name and under the pseudonym 'TwelveAngryMen') in which I have referred to Karl Oyston and Owen Oyston as having 'asset stripped' Blackpool Football Club; as having 'misappropriated football generated funds'; and as having made large personal profits by buying assets from BFC at one price and then selling the same assets back to BFC at a substantially increased price."

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
What mugs the Oysters are, if they had invested in Blackpool rather than taking out they would be getting some of Sky's billions.Greedily grabbing a few pounds and missing out on millions.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not sure what the Oystons gain out of cases like this. It's all just more fuel on the fire of negative publicity. Tens of thousands more people who were oblivious to the goings-on at BFC, will now read these comments, and draw their own conclusions.

: "In recent months I have made several postings on fans' websites and social media (in my own name and under the pseudonym 'TwelveAngryMen') in which I have referred to Karl Oyston and Owen Oyston as having 'asset stripped' Blackpool Football Club; as having 'misappropriated football generated funds'; and as having made large personal profits by buying assets from BFC at one price and then selling the same assets back to BFC at a substantially increased price."

I agree. It seems a really pointless activity. There was a fair amount of negative publicity with the threats of legal action and then more negative publicity for Oyston with him following it through.

Having said that, the statements were pretty specific and undoubtedly defamatory. Far more so than certain comments made about certain CEO's that resulted in similar threats but, thankfully, not legal action as yet. All in all there are no winners in such actions; the chairman/CEO is made to look guilty and a right **** and the person making the statements/comments is dragged through the legal process that he can ill afford and then made to make highly inaccurate statements (more so that than original defamatory statements possibly). Utterly pointless

Really very sad.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What mugs the Oysters are, if they had invested in Blackpool rather than taking out they would be getting some of Sky's billions.Greedily grabbing a few pounds and missing out on millions.

Like Tony Fernandes has?

I can see the logic for not spunkin gazillions in the hope of survival but trousering the left overs is nothing short of a disgrace.

That said they are stuck with a club that over the next 4/5 years, will likely lose them more than they gained from their activities

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I wouldn't trust The Manager they had when in the Premiership with my loose change, never mind millions of pounds

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Statement by Andy Grice (The Stockport One)

Following the apology placed on the Blackpool FC Fans Forum Fansonline by Samuel Oyston on Tuesday, I would like to thank the many people who have sent messages of support.

I am pleased that this issue has finally been brought to a conclusion and I accept the apology made by Mr Oyston.

In my line of work, professional reputation is vitally important. The types of allegation made were not only personally distressing but also had the potential to undermine my professional standing. I have always conducted myself with great propriety in my work. Also, I have a reputation for honesty and reliability that is second to none; and have always provided excellent service for my various employers. Therefore, to have to face these types of unsubstantiated and untrue allegations has been particularly galling.

Challenging these allegations has taken me a great deal of time and energy. Mr Oyston was offered many opportunities to apologise for his rash and untrue statements. And I suggested several times that a simple apology and retraction from him would end the matter.

Instead, he refused to apologise. After explaining that I would seek legal advice, Mr Oyston replied, 'you are right, probably best leave it to the legals now. But just think before you enter into something you may regret'.

When I suggested yet again on a forum that Mr Oyston should apologise for his action, the following statement appeared on his twitter account - 'After reading the fans forums, can someone tell the Stockport One to stop asking for an apology!! #never #dreaming’.

At no time have I ever made any personal attack on Samuel Oyston and would never do so. I am extremely disappointed he resorted to these untrue allegations and then persisted in a course of action that could easily have been avoided if he had just taken responsibility for the mistakes he made.

The last few months has been a very stressful period for me, having to deal with this case and all the surrounding issues.

During this legal case I resigned my position as a committee member with Blackpool Supporters Trust (BST) in order to fully concentrate my efforts on clearing my name and also to ensure that this legal issue would not prove a distraction for the Trust. I look forward to having the opportunity of returning to my position on the BST committee and helping the Trust in putting football back to the forefront of Blackpool F.C.

I tried to resolve this matter without having to resort to a costly and time-consuming court case but was rebuffed at every turn. In addition I always treated both Sam Oyston and the matter of the dispute with full respect and sincerity. However, I am sad to say that I was not treated with the same degree of consideration by Mr Oyston. He appeared to invite and welcome conflict, and in this regard his conduct reminded me very much of that widely associated with the current owners of the football club.

There has never been any intention on my part to gain money from this case, simply to clear my name and to maintain a reputation in the industry that I work, which has taken me a lifetime to build.

Finally, I would like to thank my legal team who have been very professional during this stressful time. I can't thank them enough. Not only their time but also their advice and patience during the case. They know who they are and they deserve more praise than myself from the fans of our fantastic Football Club.

THE STOCKPORT ONE IS FREED

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here