Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coffee in Brighton

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Where do I go for a really good coffee? Fed up with the Starbucks, Costa, Nero style brown water and I tried Frankie's Grinder on Edward St yesterday but it was SHOCKING. Can't be that difficult to make a nice small coffee???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Taylor St is pretty good but the best coffee I've had in Brighton recently is from Mediterraneo by Preston Circus

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My two favourites are:
Red Roaster on St James' St
Coffee @ 33 on Trafalgar St

Small Batch is good too, but not as good as those two.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Redwood on Trafalgar Street is pretty good in my opinion. Staff are knowledgeable, coffee's nice. Or the guy who does coffee between 11 and 2 on Saturdays at Florence Road Market. That's a bit specific though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
On the subject of coffee, I really resent paying £2.75 for a large coffee from The Flying Coffee Bean on Brighton station every morning, but I can't find a decent vacuum travel mug to take my own coffee in to drink on the train.

Every one I've tried either leaks in my bag on the way to the station, or is impossible to drink out of. Any commuters here know a good one?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Another vote for Red Roaster, plus if you're a fan of people watching you're almost GUARANTEED to see a few ODDBALLS in there. I get my espresso machine coffee from there too, they've got a great selection.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
All the ones which are decent have been said. Small Batch is great, but quite expensive. Taylor St Baristas is also really good. Had Red Roaster today and that was also fantastic.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Taylor Street on Queens Road is my favourite by far but Small Batch is also good, as well as Red Roaster and Cafe@33.

Brighton has an abundance of great coffee shops, doing yourself a massive diservice by going to Costa/Starbucks etc.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
On the subject of coffee, I really resent paying £2.75 for a large coffee from The Flying Coffee Bean on Brighton station every morning, but I can't find a decent vacuum travel mug to take my own coffee in to drink on the train.

Every one I've tried either leaks in my bag on the way to the station, or is impossible to drink out of. Any commuters here know a good one?

Depending on what direction your coming from go to Taylor Street on the way up from Queens Road, or if your not coming along Queens Road there is a Small Batch wagon directly outside the station which is far better than the coffee served up by Flying Coffee Bean.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's not so much the quality of the coffee, but the price. How much is a large white coffee from the small batch wagon?

Okay, no idea then - although a medium is £2.60 I think so probably not much better or worse than the place in the station! In fact not sure that they do 'large'.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Depending on what direction your coming from go to Taylor Street on the way up from Queens Road, or if your not coming along Queens Road there is a Small Batch wagon directly outside the station which is far better than the coffee served up by Flying Coffee Bean.

It's not so much the quality of the coffee, but the price. How much is a large white coffee from the small batch wagon?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether

The wife bought a "sip & pour " flask from Lakeland.. It has a lip so you can drink direct from it on the go, if so inclined, & stays hot for a good 4 hours.
( has a proper seal so doesnot leak)

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The wife bought a "sip & pour " flask from Lakeland.. It has a lip so you can drink direct from it on the go, if so inclined, & stays hot for a good 4 hours.
( has a proper seal so doesnot leak)

You know you're starting to get old when you (a) find yourself in Lakeland, and (b) find yourself looking at their products, thinking "Oooh, isn't that marvellous, and practical too".

This first happened to me about a year and a half ago. I was horrified.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Coffee shop - The place for smug people to act smug whilst double hand cupping their over priced beverage served by some stuck up hipster 'barista' (minimum wage waiter) and watch Brighton and Hove yummy mummy's curl their legs up on the sofas like its their ****ing front room.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here