Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's the day...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
… when we should get news of season ticket renewals/prices. They can't really leave it any later now. Makes sense to do it on a Friday afternoon too. It's a good time to bury bad news...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The empty spaces at The Amex this season tell their own story loud and clear.

Keep prices the same, or God forbid increase them, and there will be a SIGNIFICANT decline in season ticket sales and revenue.

Someone must be doing the maths and working out that the optimal price point next season (for the club) is obviously no more than the current level and, quite probably, is lower.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I'd thought the club had already hinted that there will be a small increase for next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Prices were announced on February 6th last year, with the following timetable then happening:

Brighton season ticket renewal timetable.png

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
They also hinted that they were ahead of the game in the transfer window.

Are you trying to suggest that they just say stuff but really they're making it up as they go along and not everything is meticulously planned ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts:

(in order of likelihood)

1) Slight increase (to be described by the club email as "only a X% increase")
2) Stay the same
3) Hell freezing over
4) Reduction in prices

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if they'll include the line "In the event of promotion to the Premier League, prices are subject to change" this time? :jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon:

1) Prices will stay the same, and
2) We will lose 8,000 season ticket holders assuming we manage to stay up. We will lose 12,000 if we go down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I reckon:

1) Prices will stay the same, and
2) We will lose 8,000 season ticket holders assuming we manage to stay up. We will lose 12,000 if we go down.

As I've said repeatedly to the "won't renew if we go down" crew: you won't know whether we will go down or not at the point you have to renew.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think there will be a slight increase which will be pitched as a rise in the transport levy with the club still subsidising the remaining costs that run into seven figures per season.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
But...but...our CEO has received every accolade going and is on top of his game. He will know that you can't increase the price of a crap product. I have every faith that our CEO has a basic grasp of economics.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As I've said repeatedly to the "won't renew if we go down" crew: you won't know whether we will go down or not at the point you have to renew.

True but they can easily not renew and then purchase one when they do know.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I expect a small increase, with lots of references to a much-quoted justification from Whitehall, the spin on ANY price increase otherwise known as "in real terms". Which is just another way of saying "Yes, we're ripping you off. But we're justifying it in a rather clever way that you won't really understand".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here