Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Crouch

Will Peter Crouch break the PL headed goalscoring record?

• Yes

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A little bird told me he's now got 45 headed goals in the Premier League only one behind Alan Shearers record of 46, an astonishing feat.

Do you think he will write himself into Premier League folklore and break this long standing record before he retires??

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Probably, it does help having a 1Ft start on most defenders. If Bridcutt had done it then that would be a real achievement.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The only surprising thing about this question is that Crouch doesn't already hold the record for most headed PL goals, by some distance.

Yes, shirley he must.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
A little bird told me he's now got 45 headed goals in the Premier League only one behind Alan Shearers record of 46, an astonishing feat.

Do you think he will write himself into Premier League folklore and break this long standing record before he retires??

Would that 'little bird' have been MOTD on Wednesday night?!

And yes, he will break it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is going to sound ridiculous given the stats, but I honestly think he is actually a poor header of a football! He's all arms, often gives away silly fouls because he never seems to be able to jump cleanly. At 6' 7" he should have scored a lot more with his head.

Alan Shearer 6' 0"
Les Ferdinand 6' 2"
Duncan Ferguson 6' 4"
Dion Dublin 6' 2"
Teddy Sheringham 6' 1"

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yep, can see him breaking that before long.

Little surprised that he's scored more with his head than some of the other top PL strikers, such as Drogba.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This is going to sound ridiculous given the stats, but I honestly think he is actually a poor header of a football! He's all arms, often gives away silly fouls because he never seems to be able to jump cleanly. At 6' 7" he should have scored a lot more with his head.

Alan Shearer 6' 0"
Les Ferdinand 6' 2"
Duncan Ferguson 6' 4"
Dion Dublin 6' 2"
Teddy Sheringham 6' 1"

This is a good point, if we were to do a goals to inches ratio he would be WELL behind Shearer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Playing for a long ball team helps I guess.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County

Alan Shearer 6' 0"
Les Ferdinand 6' 2"
Duncan Ferguson 6' 4"
Dion Dublin 6' 2"
Teddy Sheringham 6' 1"

I have always thought this as well. He probably never had to jump to head ball in his younger days and never had to learn the basics.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
England record

42 games, 22 goals.

I literally couldn't care LESS if you want to throw that NONSENSE argument at me of "oh but that's against rubbish teams blah blah blah". That's a great record.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
England record

42 games, 22 goals.

I literally couldn't care LESS if you want to throw that NONSENSE argument at me of "oh but that's against rubbish teams blah blah blah". That's a great record.

Yes. And my favourite Crouch headed goal was against Trinidad and Tobago in the world cup (2006). We were huffing and puffing and struggling against a mediocre also-ran, when Crouch climbed for a routine cross, and planted it in. The best bit was that he tugged on the defender's dreadlocks in order to remain unchallenged. Lovely football, that. :lolol:

Still makes me chuckle:

[yt]JURU3iFmRxs[/yt]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
England record

42 games, 22 goals.

Yeah, most of 'em were rubbish or friendlies though!

Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 10.14.53.png

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Rather than jump, I seem to remember that the goal he scored in midweek he actually stooped for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here