Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex brewery named best in the world

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It was best 'new' brewery to be fair. Still an excellent achivement.

Well deserved, Mark Tranter's rather good isn't he? I'm not sure Dark Star have really moved on from his loss yet.

I'm yet to have an unimpressive beer from them but Devil's Rest is outstanding.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Any pubs in brighton I can pick up a pint of theirs? Would love to try it.

As the brewery is still quite small it's not guranteed to be on cask/keg anywhere. However, if you went to The Albert, The Star, Brighton Beer Dispensary and Craft I'd be certain one of them would have it on. If not they'd have bottles. The Snowdrop in Lewes is pretty much 100%.

Trafalgar Wines on Trafalgar Road carries a selection as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well desereved, Mark Tranter's rather good isn't he? I'm not sure Dark Star have really moved on from his loss yet.

I'm yet to have an unimpressive beer from them but Devils Rest is outstanding.

Totally agree. It's amazing the speed with which his brewery has taken off. A real talent. One of the joys of life is going to the pub with die Frau and seeing his limited edition bottles in the fridge. Perfect beer, perfect for sharing.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
As the brewery is still quite small it's not guranteed to be on cask/keg anywhere. However, if you went to The Albert, The Star, Brighton Beer Dispensary and Craft I'd be certain one of them would have it on. If not they'd have bottles. The Snowdrop in Lewes is pretty much 100%.

Trafalgar Wines on Trafalgar Road carries a selection as well.

The Hobgoblin (London Rd) & The Westbourne (Portland Rd) both have Burning Sky on tap all of the time.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Totally agree. It's amazing the speed with which his brewery has taken off. A real talent. One of the joys of life is going to the pub with die Frau and seeing his limited edition bottles in the fridge. Perfect beer, perfect for sharing.

NO ! Don't advertise the fact that it is any good, if the Harvey's boys get hold of it there will be none left for us !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What do you mean 'since like football'?

I think he means more in marketing terms and franchising rather than actual ability. If they can take a washed up old underpants model like Beckham and succeed in dressing it up as a good bit of business, it shows some acumen.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Funnily enough not a massive fan of theirs. Still good to see a local brewery putting Sussex beer on the world map.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Funnily enough not a massive fan of theirs. Still good to see a local brewery putting Sussex beer on the world map.

I think there is a natural order of things in life. I see the arrival of Dark Star and Burning Sky and others in Sussex as Nature's response to Harvey's being stuck in Lewes.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think there is a natural order of things in life. I see the arrival of Dark Star and Burning Sky and others in Sussex as Nature's response to Harvey's being stuck in Lewes.

The thing with those three breweries is that they all brew different styles of beer which is great. I am very much a Harveys man, but I am also a big fan of some Dark Star beers too, Sunburst in particular. Burning Sky, at least the more widely available brews, tend not to be to my taste, although I did have an interesting Belgian style one in the Snowdrop the other week. We are fortunate in this county to have a host of fine breweries 360° being my new favourite with their new best style beer.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

That's 2 digs at Harvey's in a thread with 13 posts, are you warming up for a hat trick?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's 2 digs at Harvey's in a thread with 13 posts, are you warming up for a hat trick?

No, I can't be that cruel to the Gormenghast Brewery.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Whatever. It's certainly the best brewery in Firle. At least since I gave up home brewing some years ago.

TBH, if I had the Middle Farm cider shop in my town I wouldn't be brewing either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here