Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sussex brewery named best in the world

2 Not allowed!
    Burning Sky obviously. The fact that the Americans picked them makes it even better since like football, they have overtaken us in quality beer production. Well done to Mark and his team for embracing innovation, experimentation and above all, inspiration.

http://m.theargus.co.uk/news/1179106..._in_the_world/
    :guitar:

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Sussex brewery named best in the world

0 Not allowed!
      Any pubs in brighton I can pick up a pint of theirs? Would love to try it.

0 Not allowed!
      It was best 'new' brewery to be fair. Still an excellent achivement.

Well deserved, Mark Tranter's rather good isn't he? I'm not sure Dark Star have really moved on from his loss yet.

I'm yet to have an unimpressive beer from them but Devil's Rest is outstanding.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brightn'ove View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Any pubs in brighton I can pick up a pint of theirs? Would love to try it.
      As the brewery is still quite small it's not guranteed to be on cask/keg anywhere. However, if you went to The Albert, The Star, Brighton Beer Dispensary and Craft I'd be certain one of them would have it on. If not they'd have bottles. The Snowdrop in Lewes is pretty much 100%.

Trafalgar Wines on Trafalgar Road carries a selection as well.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spring hall convert View Post
      Well desereved, Mark Tranter's rather good isn't he? I'm not sure Dark Star have really moved on from his loss yet.

I'm yet to have an unimpressive beer from them but Devils Rest is outstanding.
      Totally agree. It's amazing the speed with which his brewery has taken off. A real talent. One of the joys of life is going to the pub with die Frau and seeing his limited edition bottles in the fridge. Perfect beer, perfect for sharing.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spring hall convert View Post
      As the brewery is still quite small it's not guranteed to be on cask/keg anywhere. However, if you went to The Albert, The Star, Brighton Beer Dispensary and Craft I'd be certain one of them would have it on. If not they'd have bottles. The Snowdrop in Lewes is pretty much 100%.

Trafalgar Wines on Trafalgar Road carries a selection as well.
      The Hobgoblin (London Rd) & The Westbourne (Portland Rd) both have Burning Sky on tap all of the time.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      Burning Sky obviously. The fact that the Americans picked them makes it even better since like football, they have overtaken us in quality beer production. Well done to Mark and his team for embracing innovation, experimentation and above all, inspiration.

http://m.theargus.co.uk/news/1179106..._in_the_world/
      What do you mean 'since like football'?
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

0 Not allowed!
      Often on at the Welly in Shoreham too. Mark certainly looked very happy last night at the start of the London Beer Festival they're doing

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Totally agree. It's amazing the speed with which his brewery has taken off. A real talent. One of the joys of life is going to the pub with die Frau and seeing his limited edition bottles in the fridge. Perfect beer, perfect for sharing.
      NO ! Don't advertise the fact that it is any good, if the Harvey's boys get hold of it there will be none left for us !
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      What do you mean 'since like football'?
      I think he means more in marketing terms and franchising rather than actual ability. If they can take a washed up old underpants model like Beckham and succeed in dressing it up as a good bit of business, it shows some acumen.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015