Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton hopes March wins fitness race for Owls trip [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion are racing against time to have Solly March fit for a squad which boss Chris Hughton admits is not quite right.
Hughton would love to have March available for tomorrow’s trip to Sheffield Wednesday to offer natural balance to his attacking options.
He shuffled his pack for Tuesday’s 0-0 draw at Cardiff, where March was ruled out by the calf injury he sustained in the early stages of last Saturday’s home defeat by Nottingham Forest.
Hughton said: “Solly was sore. There has definitely been an improvement. We’ll see how he is but I think it will be touch and go.
“If I look at what we’ve got at this moment, probably Solly would be the only natural right-winger.
“If I’m looking at the squad and where the natural deficiencies would be, of course it would be in that position.”
Albion are looking to plug the right-wing gap during the emergency loan transfer window.
Top target Elliott Bennett was unattainable for a third spell at the club during the January window and the Norwich wide man is currently injured.
Hughton said: “In the loan market it is about the parent clubs allowing those players out and sometimes they need a little bit of time to make decisions. We’re still working as hard as we can.”
Hughton’s left-wing options for the visit to Yorkshire are increased by the return to full fitness of Sam Baldock after two matches out with a minor hamstring problem.
Albion will fall back into the relegation zone for the first time since Boxing Day if Millwall, away to Leeds, better their result.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here