Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente.....wow

Stockport seagull

Jan 10, 2015
Just watched Vicente the king of brighton on YouTube !
Absolute Magic! As a new Albion fan I never got to see the man live!
I hope myself and my son get to witness someone with as much skill and technique as that one day at the Amex, I know he was often out injuried but when he was fit for those of who watched him week in week out I'm extremely envious!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I hope myself and my son get to witness someone with as much skill and technique as that one day at the Amex, I know he was often out injuried but when he was fit for those of who watched him week in week out I'm extremely envious!

This thread is well worth reading on the subject, if you haven't already.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...tion-Vicente-has-signed!-Season-1-2011/page71

Try tubing richard tiltman:moo:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's such a shame we didn't get more from him. He was a master.

One day we'll sign someone his equal.

(I'm not talking about Tiltman btw)

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
He was one of the few players that just made you get to your feet; you could just feel the magic crackling when he got the ball at times.

I feel privileged to have been there to witness most of those moments first hand.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He was amazing and I'll always feel privileged to have seen him play in a Brighton shirt. The moments he gave us were ones never to be forgotten by those that saw them.

Can't post a link myself but you really should check out the Vicente Montage on Youtube. It always makes me very emotional!!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

Unfortunately, we never did get to see him week in, week out. All I can say is, his cameos were unforgettable, been watching the Albion over 50 years, no one else comes near him for raw ability.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Me eyes gone all misty, not just for Vicente but watching those clips and realising how shit we are now compared to then, on the brink of the premier league now on the brink of league 1 :cry:

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Right, here goes. I need to increase my thumbs down count anyway.

I was nearly always disappointed when I saw he was in the team. Whilst his ability was never in question, as a team, I always thought we played worse when he was on the pitch. The other 10 players just seemed to adopt a "keep calm and give to Vicente" attitude.

You werent the only one with that opinion. Never able to understand how anyone could come to that conclusion.
He was brilliant

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Right, here goes. I need to increase my thumbs down count anyway.

I was nearly always disappointed when I saw he was in the team. Whilst his ability was never in question, as a team, I always thought we played worse when he was on the pitch. The other 10 players just seemed to adopt a "keep calm and give to Vicente" attitude.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me eyes gone all misty, not just for Vicente but watching those clips and realising how shit we are now compared to then, on the brink of the premier league now on the brink of league 1 :cry:

Agreed, we have gone backwards so fast and show no signs of the classy side we were so often under Poyet. Never mind, we'll have a hotel and nice new car park and no doubt a new variety of pies soon so not all bad.

I used to really look forward to games, I go expecting to get beat these days,

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think he was privileged to get paid for doing **** all for 99% of the time. Sicknote Spanish nutter!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I still can't believe that we got to see THE Vicente playing for Brighton.

OK he may not have played as often as we'd liked, but when he did it was often worth the entrance fee by itself (Portsmouth and Derby spring instantly to mind).

I remember reading a tweet when we signed him which summed the whole thing up for me:

"Vicente signs for Brighton. How the **** has that happened?"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seriously, WHAT a player.

Anyone who didn't get excited when they arrived at the ground and heard he was starting, really ought to find a new hobby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here