Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa johns or dominos

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I have had my first papa johns pizza tonight.
I live in peacehaven & papa's hasn't been here long so I thought I would give it a go.

Pizza was nice as we're the chicken wings on the side.
I don't know if because it was my first time but I got 33% off.so a medium pizza & chicken wings only £13.
a bit of a palava ordering online as had to register which took ages & couldn't pay by card online so lucky I had cash on me.

Dominos is easy to order online & normally tastes ok but is expensive.

Just wondered what everybody else thought

Yoda

English & European
Only ordered from Papa's once in Worthing and the toppings were scarce to say the least. At least Domino's put stuff on their pizza's and because of this I would have to say better value.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Dominos is expensive but it is by far the best out of all the rest!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Papa's all day long. Only thing that really lets them down is the horrible garlic dip

This. I prefer Papa johns in general but the garlic and herb dip is an abomination compared to Dominos, Dominos Dominator and Double Decadence however are majestic creations. In saying that, I prefer authentic Italian pizzas had one from somewhere in the lanes the other day that let us take out, i enjoyed that far more than the salty american style ones most others offer. (American style is still nice occasionally, even though £15 for a pizza is disgusting quite frankly)

On the subject of Pizzas, whenever I have a dominos/PJ I get very very thirsty a few hours after eating them, presumably due to the salt content.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If ever you wonder why there are so many pizza shops, remember, its only cheese on toast with a few extras. Shops staffed by students or foreign workers on crap wages generating HUGE profits. Can't be bothered with the stuff, Fish and Chips is the way to go.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I have had my first papa johns pizza tonight.
I live in peacehaven & papa's hasn't been here long so I thought I would give it a go.

Pizza was nice as we're the chicken wings on the side.
I don't know if because it was my first time but I got 33% off.so a medium pizza & chicken wings only £13.
a bit of a palava ordering online as had to register which took ages & couldn't pay by card online so lucky I had cash on me.

Dominos is easy to order online & normally tastes ok but is expensive.

Just wondered what everybody else thought

Ever thought of PHONING?

I get PJ's regularly (and have the tummy to prove). I usually phone and order from Preston Road and it takes about 2 mins max.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If ever you wonder why there are so many pizza shops, remember, its only cheese on toast with a few extras. Shops staffed by students or foreign workers on crap wages generating HUGE profits. Can't be bothered with the stuff, Fish and Chips is the way to go.

Have to agree the old fish and chips are much better value for money. £15 quid in there I would be gorging for a few meals at least

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Answer, neither. Get a breadmaker, make your own dough and end up with a pizza 10 times better than any take-away stodge

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know someone who owns his own Pizza place small outfit and he make on average 3-5k profit a week. Good business if I could be bothered to get into it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know someone who owns his own Pizza place small outfit and he make on average 3-5k profit a week. Good business if I could be bothered to get into it.

He must love it when we have World Cups/European Cups ? that must ramp his takings right up ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Agree 100%. Always wondered why these spivs have't been subject to investigations for price rigging etc.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Dominos without a doubt. The BBQ sauce on their base is amazing. Had Papa Johns a few weeks back for the first time . I didn't like the garlic butter type dip and found the base too doughy! Couldn't even eat half of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here