Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camino de Santiago*

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Not yet. I'm planning to do it in 2021, arriving on 25 July. Which main route are you thinking of following?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not yet. I'm planning to do it in 2021, arriving on 25 July. Which main route are you thinking of following?

Oh wow, didn't think I'd find anyone on here - Why 6 years from now?

I'm hoping to start this in September this year, it'll be the 'classic' Frances and intend to take around 28 days.
How about yourself?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Cycling? It's supposed to be a pilgrimage on foot. Watch, The Way. Good Film.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh wow, didn't think I'd find anyone on here - Why 6 years from now?

I'm hoping to start this in September this year, it'll be the 'classic' Frances and intend to take around 28 days.
How about yourself?

Same route! 2021, because that's the next Jubilee Year (when St James' day falls on a Sunday). Not a particularly good reason, I know, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I've not been on it but I have been to Santiago a number of times and have chatted to many pilgrims who have just completed it. They are a much more diverse group than I expected, some religious but many just after a very different experience from their daily lives. They all seemed obviously tired but exhilarated and to have developed some really close relationships on the way, I have never spoken to one person who in any way regretted it.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Same route! 2021, because that's the next Jubilee Year (when St James' day falls on a Sunday). Not a particularly good reason, I know, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Awesome!

Yeah I really can't wait for this. Will be going by myself with minimal kit and have a good experience.
Plenty of great Youtube videos, books and films on the subject which I can't seem to get away from!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Like others, I thought the winger problem had just been solved.

The camino goes right through our area, lots of people walk it. Some pilgrims, some rich Madrid lawyers and everybody else in between.

Beautiful countryside, loads of birds and wildlife (not that sort!), great walking if you are into that sort of thing.

Or if you prefer I can sell you a nice self catering place with a two bedroom main house with a pool, self catering apartments to sleep two families, 9 stables, loads of outbuildings for more guest accommodation if required, set in beautiful countryside with more than 12 acres and great views, right on the camino. Your customers will walk past your gate so lots of potential business.

And all for 200,000 pounds http://www.extremacasa.com/general/ptydetails.php?id=279

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Finally, a flairtastic player which can spray balls left and right. It will be like Vicente never left.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
My sister in law did it the year before last. Took over a month if I remember, and she thoroughly enjoyed it, my brother was waiting for her as she finished in Santiago de Compostela.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The girlfriend wants to do that one year. She's a Galician. You do end up in Europe's rainiest city though. It never ruddy stops lashing down there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I walked and hitched from Irun to Santiago de Compostella around 1970 with a detour to Guernica. I suspect the roads might be a little busier these days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here