Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you a big thumber ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've received 380 or so but only sent out 80 of which 76 were thumbs up.
How big are yours ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I give quite a few thumbs, mostly 'ups', no idea how to see how many I've received.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've never given a 'Thumbs Down'. I don't get many, but do get very sore just prior to Sunday lunchtime-after Husty has given me a good seeing too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just use a thumbs up as an easier and more sensible way of agreeing than Replying with Quote and saying 'this'. Seems a no-brainer to me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tend to use thumbs up mainly when I agree with a post. If I do give a thumbs down I at least try to explain why in a post unlike some thumbing thumbers who just down thumb and don't put their argument.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I just use a thumbs up as an easier and more sensible way of agreeing than Replying with Quote and saying 'this'. Seems a no-brainer to me.

This.

Said it once before, but thumbs up is a great way of acknowledging something you liked or made you laugh when there really is no need to reply. The dad jokes thread being a perfect example. I'm not going to quote every one that made me laugh and put a lol smiley or a 'that was very funny' comment. Thumbs up is perfect for that.

Thumbs downs though are for fools. I see Husty's name has cropped up a fair bit in relation to them....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never given a thumbs either way, nor will I.

Its lazy. If I feel moved to respond to a post, then I will quote it and take the time to type a reply. I don't do FB 'likes' or 'favourite' tweets for the same reason. If something is worthy of a response, then respond. Don't just click a tab, it just means "great, but can't really be arsed to say anyfing about it"

I'd prefer thumbs to be removed from this forum completely. I actually find it mildly deflating when I see I have a notification, only to see its not a quote, but a thumb. I really don't give a shit about thumbs. I only click on it to get rid of the notification, I don't even check if its an UP or DOWN.

Waste of time.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Its lazy. If I feel moved to respond to a post, then I will quote it and take the time to type a reply. I don't do FB 'likes' or 'favourite' tweets for the same reason. If something is worthy of a response, then respond. Don't just click a tab, it just means "great, but can't really be arsed to say anyfing about it"

I'd prefer thumbs to be removed from this forum completely. I actually find it mildly deflating when I see I have a notification, only to see its not a quote, but a thumb. I really don't give a shit about thumbs. I only click on it to get rid of the notification, I don't even check if its an UP or DOWN.

Waste of time.

what about funny posts?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I like the thumbs. I dished out 127 thumbs up, received 36 of which 3 are thumbs down. I try not to let the thumbs down ruin my life.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Waste of time.

God, you get ratty when you're tired Easy10.
2 o'clock a.m. Goodness me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Love to check but can't see how to view me thumbs. Beyond looking at my hands. AY-OH!

Anyone able to point (thumb) me in the right direction?

Settings then classic nsc ...at bottom left if I remember correctly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here