Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who is the winger

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH says he is after a winger and was thwarted getting EB at the last moment as Craig Noone didnt go to Norwich. So who do you think he could have lined up? I will throw a name into the mix Andrew Pilkington ex Norwich now at Cardiff but didnt feature yesterday, not sure if he is injured though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
CH says he is after a winger and was thwarted getting EB at the last moment as Craig Noone didnt go to Norwich. So who do you think he could have lined up? I will throw a name into the mix Andrew Pilkington ex Norwich now at Cardiff but didnt feature yesterday, not sure if he is injured though.
Wouldn't that be Anthony Pilkington?

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Serge Gnabry? just coming back from Injury at Arsenal and he has good pace as far as I remember so could be one.

Has Anthony Knockhaert been getting in the Leciester Team lately?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
At this point I'd be happy with almost anyone. Jack Grealish (Villa) always caught my eye when watching the FL show when on loan to Notts County last season. He was going to be loaned out to Forrest in Jan apparently but the deal fell through. Might be worth a punt if available. He's almost exactly what we need. Quick and skillfull.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
SWP could still be in the frame I would imagine. Jarvis of West Ham has been mentioned before although he may be getting more of a look in now with the Hammers.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At this point I'd be happy with almost anyone. Jack Grealish (Villa) always caught my eye when watching the FL show when on loan to Notts County last season. He was going to be loaned out to Forrest in Jan apparently but the deal fell through. Might be worth a punt if available. He's almost exactly what we need. Quick and skillfull.

Please, no more Aston Villa players.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we need a speed merchant. Not many around. I don't if there are any that can match Buckley for sprint speed. Yanic Wildschut of Boro' possibly?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I would put my mortgage on it not being Anthony Pilkington. He is always injured. I wouldn't dismiss Jonas Guttierrez readilly though either, but he may not be ready for this level of football just yet after his cancer treatment. Nor would I dismiss the possibility of Andros Townsend, although he struggles when he plays in the Championship

Personally, I would try and get Chris Humphrey from Preston. He is a lot more suited to the hustle and bustle of this division. And he is really direct when he gets on the ball

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How about nobody but it's all very complicated and we couldn't find the RIGHT player?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
i heard from a very reliable sauce that someone high up at the club had sounded out a return of a winger who we let go under a previous administration, i will not name him, the person who contacted the player, or my source but i would love to see him back in the stripes.

Craig Conway? I'd actually be very happy with him, better than KLL Imo

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

i heard from a very reliable sauce that someone high up at the club had sounded out a return of a winger who we let go under a previous administration, i will not name him, the person who contacted the player, or my source but i would love to see him back in the stripes.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

bloody 'ell......just what I was going to say............!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Surely Andros Townsend is too highly rated at Spurs to be loaned out.

Yeh you could be right but he isn't getting much game time at the moment so they may want him loaned out for perhaps a month to keep him match fit

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeh you could be right but he isn't getting much game time at the moment so they may want him loaned out for perhaps a month to keep him match fit

Quite possibly but not to a team struggling to stay in the Championship

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Jack Collison is currently without a club, did a very good job for West Ham in their promotion season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here