Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham vs Brighton - Development Squad game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had a meeting in Gillingham so went along today. Final result 0-0

It was quite an even game throughout, though we had the better chances. Unusually the referee was quite pro Brighton (obviously we are hated by all match officials generally :wink:, which upset a couple of the home fans.

Thought Rea had another steady game as did the other CB Tom Dallinson, who looked a class above. Brennan Dickenson played for the Gills, and I would say looked their most dangerous player. His deliveries from corner were superb....

Charlie Harris buzzed about and hit the bar, Bradley Barry and George Cole looked comfortable on the ball.

We brought on Fenelon and Kandi early in the second half. Fenelon contributed very little and I would have thought he'd show a little more having been at Tranmere. However Kandi, who was coming back from injury, looked very robust and certainly had more presence about him. At one point he had an exceptional run, which started with a Maradona style drag-back and spin and then beat another two players, before laying it off.

All in all not a bad game.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Had a meeting in Gillingham so went along today. Final result 0-0

It was quite an even game throughout, though we had the better chances. Unusually the referee was quite pro Brighton (obviously we are hated by all match officials generally :wink:, which upset a couple of the home fans.

Thought Rea had another steady game as did the other CB Tom Dallinson, who looked a class above. Brennan Dickenson played for the Gills, and I would say looked their most dangerous player. His deliveries from corner were superb....

Charlie Harris buzzed about and hit the bar, Bradley Barry and George Cole looked comfortable on the ball.

We brought on Fenelon and Kandi early in the second half. Fenelon contributed very little and I would have thought he'd show a little more having been at Tranmere. However Kandi, who was coming back from injury, looked very robust and certainly had more presence about him. At one point he had an exceptional run, which started with a Maradona style drag-back and spin and then beat another two players, before laying it off.

All in all not a bad game.

Where was it played?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good to hear Kandi is back from injury. He's shown promise in previous games.

Interestingly, I stood with his Mother who was very pleasant. She said he was disappointed at picking up an injury, though was working hard to get to know the other squad members. She was a little frustrated that our build up was quite slow and he wasn't getting the ball early enough (seen that somewhere before as well).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interestingly, I stood with his Mother who was very pleasant. She said he was disappointed at picking up an injury, though was working hard to get to know the other squad members. She was a little frustrated that our build up was quite slow and he wasn't getting the ball early enough (seen that somewhere before as well).

Mrs Kandi is fast becoming one of my favourite people connected with the club. She was instrumental in his signing - CHIKE: MOVE INFLUENCED BY NEW TEAM-MATES

“I was on trial at West Brom when Simon Ireland spotted me at the game when I played against Brighton earlier this month. Simon called Mark Anderson to say try and get this boy in.

So Mark called my Mum, and although we already had an offer from West Brom, we decided to let that sit and come to Brighton and give the club a chance. I am really pleased I did.”

And I love the fact that she is supporting her son in a nondescript afternoon kick-off in darkest Kent.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

:lolol:

Mrs Kandi is fast becoming one of my favourite people connected with the club. She was instrumental in his signing - CHIKE: MOVE INFLUENCED BY NEW TEAM-MATES

And I love the fact that she is supporting her son in a nondescript afternoon kick-off in darkest Kent.

And she knew her football.

What she did do that made me smile was actually hold on to the ball when the Gills were trying to take a quick throw, much to the annoyance of their LB....... :lolol:

Of course, when we were attacking we both tried to get the ball back in play quickly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here