Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are the points for Championship survival going to come from?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We have 30 pts. It’s generally thought you need around 50 points to be safe so where are those 20 points coming from?
I think we’re going to fall short…

Feb 14: Sheff Weds A: Lose
Feb 21: Birmingham H: Win
Feb 24: Leeds H: Draw
Feb 28: Bolton A: Lose

March 3 Derby H: Lose
March 7: Reading A: Draw
March14: Wolves H: Win
March 17: Millwall A: Win
March 21: Blackburn A: Lose

April 3: Norwich H: Draw
April 6: Rotherham A: Draw
April 11: Bournemouth H Lose
April 14: Huddersfield H: Win
April 18 Wigan A: Draw
April 25: Watford H: Lose

May 2: Boro A: Lose

I make that 47 points. We’re going down with the Blackpool aren't we?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
We have 30 pts. It’s generally thought you need around 50 points to be safe so where are those 20 points coming from?
I think we’re going to fall short…

Feb 14: Sheff Weds A: Lose
Feb 21: Birmingham H: Win
Feb 24: Leeds H: Draw
Feb 28: Bolton A: Lose

March 3 Derby H: Lose
March 7: Reading A: Draw
March14: Wolves H: Win
March 17: Millwall A: Win
March 21: Blackburn A: Lose

April 3: Norwich H: Draw
April 6: Rotherham A: Draw
April 11: Bournemouth H Lose
April 14: Huddersfield H: Win
April 18 Wigan A: Draw
April 25: Watford H: Lose

May 2: Boro A: Lose

I make that 47 points. We’re going down with the Blackpool aren't we?

Rightly or wrongly, I am assuming that Blackpool and Wigan are going down.
Reckon we should beat Wigan, but winning away to Milwall will be tough.
Haven't looked at Milwall's fixtures or any of the other teams' that are potentially in trouble, but it is going to be tough;however, my gut feeling is that we will survive.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Of those games, there's nine that we've got a chance of winning. These are: Sheff Wed, B'ham, Leeds, Reading, Wolves, Millwall, Rotherham, Huddersfield, Wigan. The rest, I suspect, we'll lose. So, of those nine, let's say we win five, and draw two. And then pick up one point from the other seven. That makes 18 which, in turn, makes 48 for the season. If we do this, I still think we'll be playing in the Championship next season, but giving the board a serious message about the need to add some real quality in the summer -- something that they haven't really done in the past four transfer windows.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Millwall's fixtures:

Leeds v Millwall - Sat 14 Feb
Millwall v Fulham - Sat 21 Feb
Millwall v Sheff Wed - Tue 24 Feb
Rotherham v Millwall - Sat 28 Feb
Middlesbrough v Millwall - Tue 3 Mar
Millwall v Norwich - Sat 7 Mar
Bolton v Millwall - Sat 14 Mar
Millwall v Brighton - Tue 17 Mar
Brentford v Millwall - Sat 21 Mar
Millwall v Charlton - Fri 3 Apr
Blackburn v Millwall - Mon 6 Apr
Millwall v Watford - Sat 11 Apr
Millwall v Wigan - Tue 14 Apr
Cardiff v Millwall - Sat 18 Apr
Millwall v Derby - Sat 25 Apr
Wolves v Millwall - Sat 2 May

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Jeez. I can't quite believe we're talking about this after the last three seasons.

Someone's fu**ed up and right proper.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Jeez. I can't quite believe we're talking about this after the last three seasons.

Someone's fu**ed up and right proper.

As has been well documented the board have made some very big mistakes which may cost the club dearly. We all know what they are: the inexplicable appointment of Sami Hyypia; the abject failure to replace our departed best players and then the delay in sacking Hyypia when it was obvious by November that the poor man was out of his depth. These errors have been compounded, in my view, by a complacency which seems to persist along the old football mantra of “we’re too good to go down" and we have enough to stay up. A dangerous view. On top of that, we had the absurd public announcements around player recruitment last summer to “Judge us by the end of August" and the astonishingly ludicrous statement by the Chairman that he expected a play off place again. Breath-taking nonsense which once again raised expectations without any foundation. Instead, the club are now facing relegation. The board could do with learning to be a little more humble. At best, we'll stay up but 2014/15 will go down as a dreadful waste after the great momentum of the past three seasons. If we are relegated, it will be a disaster, one sadly manufactured in the club's own boardroom.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Millwall's fixtures:

Leeds v Millwall - Sat 14 Feb
Millwall v Fulham - Sat 21 Feb
Millwall v Sheff Wed - Tue 24 Feb
Rotherham v Millwall - Sat 28 Feb
Middlesbrough v Millwall - Tue 3 Mar
Millwall v Norwich - Sat 7 Mar
Bolton v Millwall - Sat 14 Mar
Millwall v Brighton - Tue 17 Mar
Brentford v Millwall - Sat 21 Mar
Millwall v Charlton - Fri 3 Apr
Blackburn v Millwall - Mon 6 Apr
Millwall v Watford - Sat 11 Apr
Millwall v Wigan - Tue 14 Apr
Cardiff v Millwall - Sat 18 Apr
Millwall v Derby - Sat 25 Apr
Wolves v Millwall - Sat 2 May

I suspect that this season a very low number of points will be required for survival. I can't see them getting more than 11 points from that lot. Millwall are down with Blackpool and Wigan

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As has been well documented the board have made some very big mistakes which may cost the club dearly. We all know what they are: the inexplicable appointment of Sami Hyypia; the abject failure to replace our departed best players and then the delay in sacking Hyypia when it was obvious by November that the poor man was out of his depth. These errors have been compounded, in my view, by a complacency which seems to persist along the old football mantra of “we’re too good to go down" and we have enough to stay up. A dangerous view. On top of that, we had the absurd public announcements around player recruitment last summer to “Judge us by the end of August" and the astonishingly ludicrous statement by the Chairman that he expected a play off place again. Breath-taking nonsense which once again raised expectations without any foundation. Instead, the club are now facing relegation. The board could do with learning to be a little more humble. At best, we'll stay up but 2014/15 will go down as a dreadful waste after the great momentum of the past three seasons. If we are relegated, it will be a disaster, one sadly manufactured in the club's own boardroom.

In reality "The Board" means Tony Bloom. He has made all the big decisions you refer to. I hope to hell we survive but its by no means guaranteed and I hope Tony Bloom has learnt that a fantastic stadium and training facility aint worth a hill o beans unless you've got a decent competitive team to play in them.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Can't disagree with any of this.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Gotta hope Boro are champions & out on the lash by the last game...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here