Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
What is it with this guy . Are his demands and conditions to work in really that unacceptable to the many jobs he has been linked with and supposedly interviewed for or is he being a real Knob and has been found out each time ?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
On this occasion I think it's that QPR have been found out. A £54 million Financial Fair Play fine and a transfer embargo if they are relegated makes the job a poisoned chalice.
No wonder Sherwood does't want it and Laudrup says he will wait until the summer.
It will end up with Ramsey keeping the job until summer or Warbuton of Brentford taking it because he's found out Brentford are lining up a new manager for the summer.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Supposedly he wanted £6 million over 3 years, a massive bonus for keeping them up along with a huge transfer budget and all of his own backroom staff etc.

Nutter.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is incredible how many big jobs he gets linked with that he doesn't get.

I think it's well known he's a bit of a ****, so chairman must think it's too risky to appoint him. At Spurs he was abysmal against the big sides, always got tactically out-thought. And yet he oversaw the development of Harry Kane, Bentaleb, Townsend, Mason, Danny Rose AND managed to get Adebayor to play with purpose so he's clearly got some ability.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]565279106527657985[/tweet]

:lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What is it with this guy . Are his demands and conditions to work in really that unacceptable to the many jobs he has been linked with and supposedly interviewed for or is he being a real Knob and has been found out each time ?

Too fly by half. Sets the warning bells flashing every time.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

He's done virtually nothing to indicate he's going to be a good manager - he may well turn out to be, he is supposed to be a good training ground coach - he obviously thinks he should go straight in at the top. Learn your trade first matey.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think he is just frightened to fail. That makes me think he doesnt have that much confidence in his own ability to do a good job under any sort of constraint. The guy's Management CV is not actually one that stands out so it must be a good Agent that is getting him linked with these jobs

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Sherwood has made a total cock-up of the moment when his stock was its highest through delusions of grandeur.

To walk in to Premier League clubs making all sorts of demands about budgets, back-up staff and everything else you basically have to be Mourinho in terms of proven ability as a winner. It's not even going to wash with decent Championship clubs.

Sherwood managed one Premier League club for a few months quite well. That is all. He didn't have time to show how he would cope with the various highs and lows you get as a manager 'over distance'.

He has been favourite, in many cases heavy odds-on favourite, for at least six jobs in the top two divisions this season (including ours), indicating several interviews.

But he cannot think that Spurs spell means he definitely gets the job of his dreams, it just doesn't. He should scale the expectations down a bit, take a good Championship job if he's lucky enough to earn his stripes, do what Poyet did.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm keen to know who Tony Fernandes' "Dream manager" is, that he was banging on about yesterday.

That must have the QPR fans all-a-flutter. And then it'll turn out to be some unknown Spanish bloke :lol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Sherwood salute.jpg

Complete knob

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills