Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON DELIGHTED TO HAVE STEPHENS BACK

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ds-l229-2262328_478x359.jpg

Dale Stephens made his return to action.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 11th February 2015
by Paul Camillin
He has been out for ten months and it's a nice feeling for him being in that changing room and getting the minutes that he did. "
Chris Hughton

Chris Hughton has welcomed the return of Dale Stephens, after he made his long-awaited comeback from injury in last night's 0-0 draw at Cardiff City, and says he has been sorely missed over the past ten months.
The Brighton & Hove Albion boss said, "I thought that there were two positives. Beram Kayal's performance - he was good in that period of time, he just started to tire towards the end - and of course Dale Stephens.*
"He has been out for ten months and it's a nice feeling for him being in that changing room and getting the minutes that he did.
"We know the type of player that he is, I've not been at the club for the period of time he’s been injured but the club has missed him because he’s a quality player."
Hughton hasn't ruled out adding to his squad now the loan window is open, adding, "We're still looking but we've got to make sure we bring in the right player.
"The good news is Kazenga LuaLua is also back, playing his second game, and he’s been out for some eight weeks. Stephens is also back and we brought Beram in as well, so there is competition there."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Meanwhile Hughton has praised Albion's brilliant support, with almost 500 fans making the trip to Wales on a Tuesday evening.
He added, "The first thing I asked when I got into the changing room was how many were travelling.
"It was a long way and a longer way back, but the fans have been brilliant for us, not only at home of course, but also away from home.
"I don't think it's harsh to say you appreciate it even more. The ones who travel away from home, it is a long way and they certainly won't have got back until the early hours of the morning."[h=3]ALBION V BIRMINGHAM
[/h]SATURDAY 21ST FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS
[/h]TUESDAY 24TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here