Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Cardiff (A)

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Not seen any threads for this - I'm guessing the apathy levels are pretty high for last night.
I wasn't there, so will provide the stats-based ratings from whoscored.com in the absence of any real opinions.

Stockdale 6.6
Calderon 7.0
Greer 7.3
Dunk 7.7
Bennett 7.3
Ince 7.7
Kayal 7.0
Forster-Caskey 6.4
Bruno 6.3
Teixeira 6.9
Best 6.4

o'Grady 6.1
"Lua" 6.3
Stephens 6.2

Inspiring stuff

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not seen any threads for this - I'm guessing the apathy levels are pretty high for last night.
I wasn't there, so will provide the stats-based ratings from whoscored.com in the absence of any real opinions.

Stockdale 6.6
Calderon 7.0
Greer 7.3
Dunk 7.7
Bennett 7.3
Ince 7.7
Kayal 7.0
Forster-Caskey 6.4
Bruno 6.3
Teixeira 6.9
Best 6.4

o'Grady 6.1
"Lua" 6.3
Stephens 6.2

Inspiring stuff

Made me laugh a little bit, just Olympic 1970's for me :)

This is me

Sep 15, 2013

Stockdale 6.6
Calderon 7.0
Greer 7.3
Dunk 7.7
Bennett 7.3
Ince 7.7
Kayal 7.0
Forster-Caskey 6.4
Bruno 6.3
Teixeira 6.9
Best 6.4

o'Grady 6.1
"Lua" 6.3
Stephens 6.2

Inspiring stuff

There were players with worse ratings than JFC?
Only heard Caskey's name mentioned during the commentary about 3 times & they were not mentions of note!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Only heard Caskey's name mentioned during the commentary about 3 times & they were not mentions of note!

As opposed to all the times JC and Virgo raved about Best and Bruno? This scapegoating of JFC really needs to stop. I too listened to the commentary and it was clear by the way both JC and Virgo described it Best was poor and Bruno was out of his depth playing wide right. But no JFC, who according to commentary picked up some good positions but had no support from Best, was rubbish and should have had a 0 rating because blah blah blah blah. The whole team played pretty poorly last night (bar Kayal and Ince according to JC and Virgo) so why on earth do you need to single out JFC? Why not the other 8 eight players (minus Kayal, Ince and Stockdale who was barely tested) who were equally piss poor?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Stockdale 6
Calderon 6
Greer 6
Dunk 7
Bennett 6
Ince 7.5
Kayal 7
Forster-Caskey 6
Bruno 6
Teixeira 6.5
Best 5

O'Grady 6
LuaLua 5
Stephens 6

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Was not at the game but had the radio on fell asleep never done that during a Brighton game before wife woke me up game was over it was so dull I had no intrest in trying to find the result no idea of score until I looked this morning that said a point is a point

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

I could hear people sat next to me keep saying - watch. Backwards and it did, watch, sideways and it did. I never noticed until they were saying it then i noticed that 99% of the time he does just that, sideways, backwards. Greer is similar as well which is annoying.

Give everyone an 7 apart from Best as he was dire.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale 7
Calderon 6
Greer 6
Dunk 6
Bennett 6
Ince 7
Kayal 6
Caskey 5
Teixera 7
Bruno 6
Best 2

Subs:
O'Grady 7
Lualua 5
Stephens 6

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
am I right in saying that since hughton has joined, of the games caskey has played in- we haven't won one? compared to a much favoured record when he is left out.

of course I may be wrong but this was definitely the case for the first few games as I was keeping track. kinda points towards him being a possible scapegoat for good reason.

ironically, I think hes got much better since hughton has arrived though :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
am I right in saying that since hughton has joined, of the games caskey has played in- we haven't won one? compared to a much favoured record when he is left out.

of course I may be wrong but this was definitely the case for the first few games as I was keeping track. kinda points towards him being a possible scapegoat for good reason.

ironically, I think hes got much better since hughton has arrived though :shrug:

No, you're not right. We won at Charlton with JFC in the team.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Genuinely surprised at the high ratings given so far. Yes we got a point away from home but Cardiff were there for the taking and I thought it was a dire performance. When O'Grady came on our game plan resorted to hoofing it to him and literally hoping for the best.

Stockdale 6
Calderon 5
Greer 5
Dunk 7 - dealt with Jones superbly
Bennett 5
Ince 6
Kayal 6 - started well but tired quickly. One awful challenge he didn't even get booked for!
Caskey 4
Teixera 4 - final product was appalling and he's far too weak. At least he looks forward though.
Bruno 5
Best 3

Subs:
O'Grady 7
Lualua 4 - wish he would stop starting from a standing position!
Stephens 7 - one superb ball a faster striker than O'Grady would have latched on to

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sitting behind Houghton. Bennet was good and Calderon made a couple of unusual consecutive bad passes going forward. A Cardiff fan shouted out "Sign him up, Slade". 7.5and 6 from me for them.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
>O'Grady 6.80 (30mins, 5 votes)

The Rest:
Ince 6.70 (94mins, 5 votes)
Dunk 6.60 (94mins, 5 votes)
>Stephens 6.33 (8mins, 3 votes)
Stockdale 6.20 (94mins, 5 votes)