Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Finnish hillbillies

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just seen two blokes with cellos doing Thunderstruck on TV and I can't help thinking it's pretentious bollocks. There's also a version by some Finnish hillbilies.
Which one do you prefer :

[yt]uT3SBzmDxGk[/yt]
[yt]v2AC41dglnM[/yt]
[yt]e4Ao-iNPPUc[/yt]

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
anndddd....
I've already made a bollocks of it by spelling the title wrong

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I watched the two with cello's on the one show the other night , it sounded absolute b----cks .

Absolutely this... Beyond the few opening bars, it was difficult to tell what the f*ck they were supposed to be playing and then when one went all Hendrix, rolling on the floor with his plastic cello frame, I had to swallow a little sick. F*cking awful was the only way to describe them.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
AC/DC obviously. That said I can certainly appreciate the cellos having seen two guys doing Metallica on cellos in Las Vegas and it was brilliant.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The Finnish hillbillies are called Steve n' Seagulls. I commend their version of The Trooper.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it "pretentious" though? Or is it just a couple of blokes (who actually appear to be pretty talented cellists on the face of it) having a bit of a laugh? I don't imagine they think of themselves as rock gods for a second, all that rolling around is just a bit of self mockery, surely.

Wouldn't buy it, but I can't see a lot to get offended about.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Is it "pretentious" though? Or is it just a couple of blokes (who actually appear to be pretty talented cellists on the face of it) having a bit of a laugh? I don't imagine they think of themselves as rock gods for a second, all that rolling around is just a bit of self mockery, surely.

Wouldn't buy it, but I can't see a lot to get offended about.

This big time! Its meant to be tongue in cheek. They also do a mean version of The Trooper by Iron Maiden.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two Cellos are from Croatia. IMHO there's nothing pretentious about it. They play all kinds of different music on their cellos so it shows it's not just about classical music. They've opened up the instrument to the mainstream whilst exposing classic music fans to pop music that they might not have otherwise heard before.

Their versions of Michael Jackson's 'Human Nature' and 'Smooth Criminal' are also excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here