Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more demands for special treatment from muslims

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I'm relatively liberal and all but that is poor. You cannot just take the p*ss like that. If they wanted to be 100% sure then they should not have buried their relative in a multi-denominational cemetery. It is reasonably foreseeable that, being a country that is Christian (at the last census 59.4% declared themselves Christian, whilst only 5% declared themselves Muslim), you will end up being buried next to someone who identifies themselves as a Christian.
If their religion does have such strict burial rules then why are they not burying their relative on an Islamic burial side??

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I wouldn't get too outraged. No chance in hell this will happen. So many "mights", "coulds" and "ifs" in that article.

That said, if the Muslim family had such strong feelings about this you'd think they might not have chosen a MULTI FAITH cemetery in which to bury their loved ones eh...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
....waits to see who will be the first to offer any defence of the complainants family, or who denounces the story as right wing sensationalism.....

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I can't believe the council are even considering this, unbelievable :facepalm:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...-alongside-complain-he-was-an-unbeliever.html

I think there are lots of inaccuracies and right wing propaganda in that story.

Read the end of the article and see that the land has been set aside solely for Muslim burials.

Perhaps if the local council in question hadn't sold off its land for £££ then the gentleman from the traveller community would have had a plot within an appropriate area.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think there are lots of inaccuracies and right wing propaganda in that story.

Read the end of the article and see that the land has been set aside solely for Muslim burials.

Perhaps if the local council in question hadn't sold off its land for £££ then the gentleman from the traveller community would have had a plot within an appropriate area.
No it doesn't , it says nothing of the sort.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm an atheist and I'd hate to think I had to share a graveyard with religious folk. They'd do my head in rambling on on their way to the afterlife.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No it doesn't , it says nothing of the sort.

I couldn't see that either. Wait for the councils official communique Bushy and don't get ahead of yourself. If it's true then I'm sure the gypsy families can move in to the graveyard in their hundreds, set up home, leave a mess and stop any exhumations.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm relatively liberal and all but that is poor. You cannot just take the p*ss like that. If they wanted to be 100% sure then they should not have buried their relative in a multi-denominational cemetery. It is reasonably foreseeable that, being a country that is Christian (at the last census 59.4% declared themselves Christian, whilst only 5% declared themselves Muslim), you will end up being buried next to someone who identifies themselves as a Christian.
If their religion does have such strict burial rules then why are they not burying their relative on an Islamic burial side??

Seconded. Wanting special treatment again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wouldn't get too outraged. No chance in hell this will happen. So many "mights", "coulds" and "ifs" in that article.

That said, if the Muslim family had such strong feelings about this you'd think they might not have chosen a MULTI FAITH cemetery in which to bury their loved ones eh...

This in spades. What did they think multi faith meant?? :facepalm:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would have thought that multi-faith cemeteries are divided up anyway aren't they? Haywards Heath Cemetery, for example, has separate sections for different denominations, so why not for different faiths?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Blimmin muslins, coming over here and demanding, FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE, that our hard working...hang on...what's that ? A PIKEY !!!

In that case,

Blimmin gypsies, fetching up uninvited and BURYING THEMSELVES in a cemetary reserved for peace-loving war mongers.

Honestly, as an outraged but rather clueless right-wing buffoon, I'm not sure how to focus my indignation.

Barber out.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If true then the only family that appear to have a problem are the Muslim one. It is they that should move their relative if it's such a big deal to them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No problem. The traveller will move on in a few months, the Muslim will not notice because he will be facing East and have his hands full with 72 virgins.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No doubt the Muslim family are categorised as 'moderate', so be gentle they are the voice of reason within their community.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No problem. The traveller will move on in a few months, the Muslim will not notice because he will be facing East and have his hands full with 72 virgins.

They'll be virgins for a reason Soulman...........doubt anyone would want 72 of them. The only self proclaimed Virgin I can think of is Anne Widdecombe. An eternity of that ?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The Smith family said Burbage Parish Council, which runs the cemetery, asked if it could buy one of their empty plots in between the two graves to plant a hedge to separate the plots.

Evil parish council attempts peaceful resolution Britain gone mad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here