Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are the fighters who will keep us in this league?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tonight I saw a fairly gutless display, admittedly from both team.

In relegation battles of old I have seen the team fighting to stay up but just can't see it this season.

Which players look like they are fighting? Dunk, Calderon yes. Stockdale maybe. Greer yes. But anyone else? The rest just look like they are going through the motions at the moment.

I fear they think they are too good to go down.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The new guy sounded ok tonight but understandably faded due to match fitness. He could be the missing link in midfield. It's up front we are so shit. I also get annoyed when Caskey is played out wide and Bruno in midfield

The team to watch is Charlton. They are in shocking form and remind me of Wolves. By that i mean they keep sacking their managers and invested very little in the team

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

In relegation battles of old I have seen the team fighting to stay up but just can't see it this season.

Which players look like they are fighting? Dunk, Calderon yes. Stockdale maybe. Greer yes. But anyone else? The rest just look like they are going through the motions at the moment.

Greer is proof that just because a player comes across as all aggressive and shouty that it doesn't mean that they are passionate- it maybe that they are hiding their own misdemeanours.

After all in a war would you want a leader who makes knee jerk and over the top actions or someone calm and collected who earns the respect of his peers.

Greer for me has not been good enough for three years in this league and he has now reached the end of the road.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Greer is more likely to fight the team than fight for the team. The way he shouts after making a mistake makes me cringe.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I would say CH and NJ are up for the fight, and it is important to have managers and coaches who care about the club.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Dunk ... 3 games in 4 on average, then on the 4th he seems to be just going through the motions... man-strating I think!

Calderon ... for what he gives in commitment and passion, he lacks in skill and pace. His role should be off field now. The man is a god, but sadly, no longer a footballing god.

Stockdale ... Like Dunk, only good for 75% of the time, but I think he might have petit mal epilepsy because he just goes vacant for 5 minute periods when his positioning is poor, his judgement worse and his reactions non-existent. Instead of one bad game he has bad moments in every game and inevitably they occur when Greer is called upon to actually defend and they both let us down.

Greer is proof that just because a player comes across as all aggressive and shouty that it doesn't mean that they are passionate- it maybe that they are hiding their own misdemeanours.

Greer is more likely to fight the team than fight for the team. The way he shouts after making a mistake makes me cringe.

This. Greer is not a leader of men. At best he's a bully, at worst, he's just a shouty tw@t. Should NOT be captain and its debatable whether he should even be in the team.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We don't need fighters we need experienced professional performances with all players playing in the right position. Hopefully this will turn the side into winners.

I know last night was dull but we set up for a dull performance, similar to Blackpool away, just be more professional and more positive. We will soon need to start winning games and draws won't be good enough. Positive selections and professional performances will do the trick for me.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
What is needed is workingclasspride in charge of the team, he will sort them out ��

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Good analysis.

I think most of the players haven't realised that we have a significant chance of going down.

At what point does Tony say enough is enough, and bankroll 3-4 high quality 93 day loans, to fight fire and get us the 18-22 points needed to stay up ? ???

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Dunk (just) calde (will give all he has ) ince & erm erm erm o'grady as well

Thats it really

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How many times at home have we seen the Albion really going for it in the last 10-15 minutes and you wonder where that extra 10% has been all game.

I believe we have players with fight. I also believe we have one or two who are going through the motions. What we are crying out for is a captain with a bit of the Danny Cullip about him, but also a midfielder that can drive the team forward. A lot of these players just need a good kick up the arse. We know they've got it in them the way we came back at Arsenal in that second half.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I agree. CMS never gives less than 100%. As does Calde. I'll never forget CMS coming on at Forest last season and putting that cross in for the winner.

I agree that he runs a lot, but I can't put him in this category on account of the way he collapses when any defender touches him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here