Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket pricing for League 1

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
When the Season Ticket renewal letters came out last season much was made of the caveat that prices would increase with a promotion to the PL. Regardless of the fact that TV income would grow enormously, the Club felt it would be right to raise the prices.

As we are now just as likely to be challenging for a relegation spot as we were a play off spot last year, maybe Barber would like to add a caveat into the forthcoming letter to provide us some comfort that there would be a nice price reduction next season if we went down. I'm sure the sales of our valuable assets could be offset against this.

If the pricing structure is not well thought out, the AMEX could very quickly become a white elephant of a Club that got so close but failed when they needed that extra investment in Jan 2013.

12-15k in League 1 would reduce the Harvey's queues at half time though.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Derby County said last season that if they were to be promoted, their season ticket prices would be REDUCED,
due to massive monies they would receive for being in the PL.

The total opposite to us.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Derby County said last season that if they were to be promoted, their season ticket prices would be REDUCED,
due to massive monies they would receive for being in the PL.

The total opposite to us.

Exactly, much as other clubs have done in the past, and is common in Germany too.

Where there's customers, theres a quick buck to be made.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we go down there's no way the season ticket prices would go down. We'd be lucky if they stayed the same.

League One, with our stadium, training ground and other facilities to maintain would be a financial disaster. If we can't make ends meet in the Championship there's not a cats hope in League One.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If we go down there's no way the season ticket prices would go down. We'd be lucky if they stayed the same.

League One, with our stadium, training ground and other facilities to maintain would be a financial disaster. If we can't make ends meet in the Championship there's not a cats hope in League One.

im sure Barber will take a massive pay cut if we get relegated...........market forces and all that

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well its irrelevant to me as i wont renew. My target for barber is champ football. So far he is just about meeting it. We shall see come end of season wont we.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We're not going down. I'm prepared to pay what I pay now to see the Albion, but I would like to know as much is being done as possible to help fans that feel they can't afford it.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I made the same point about pricing a few weeks ago. Although whilst in theory a reduction would help renewals in practice they will probably stay the same as they are now

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I too don't think we will go down. Season ticket prices will be frozen for next season in the championship.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If we do go down can you imagine the amount of emails we will receive each week to promote ticket sales?
What fantastic ideas will they come up with?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Barber would be off like a shot after justifying frozen/increased season ticket prices, telling us how lucky we are and belittling anyone who challenges the word of the Barb. It's all about him rather than the club; all that matters is his ego.

Opinions Paul, Opinions! Don't get all hissy again will you?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The club will be too arrogant to reduce season ticket prices imo. They'll be telling us how lucky we are to have the Amex, which is true, but missing the point completely that it is the football that most come to watch.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bog of offers :shrug: if we go down! On a serious note I think we need to get behind the team at the Amex and help the club survive. We are in this together. The club has plan:facepalm::flypig:

Barber would be off like a shot after justifying frozen/increased season ticket prices, telling us how lucky we are and belittling anyone who challenges the word of the Barb. It's all about him rather than the club; all that matters is his ego.

Opinions Paul, Opinions! Don't get all hissy again will you?

Not sure how any of this is barbers fault? The stadium and match days are incredibly expensive to put on(not sure barber was around for the pre-stadium number crunching) The managers have been poor,the players over paid and poor and the fans have given luke warm vocal support at home. Would have thought our generous benefactor must be accountable as i sure if we had be promoted last year this board would have been lumping the accolades at his feet! You cant have it both ways,it seems the big gamble was for the sky cash and it looks like it aint come off!
:facepalm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FLDdjj27kQ

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here