Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got home from the game......

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Those that didn't go.......missed very little!!!

How little is little? What we talking here? Eg. Did you notice a game going on? Or did you manage to read the entire contents of today's newspaper including court and social?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
How little is little? What we talking here? Eg. Did you notice a game going on? Or did you manage to read the entire contents of today's newspaper including court and social?

Little was the wrong word.....bugger all to be more precise, it was lack lustre, no passion, no skills and at one point I thought it was sunday and we had wandered into a park and a spot of sunday league was going on................Oh and it was cold and miserable............apart from that...........what an awesome evening!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Little was the wrong word.....bugger all to be more precise, it was lack lustre, no passion, no skills and at one point I thought it was sunday and we had wandered into a park and a spot of sunday league was going on................Oh and it was cold and miserable............apart from that...........what an awesome evening!!

Well done for going though. Pies? Surely something merits a 1/10 or are we talking a big fat donut for tonight's experience?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Here on the M4 we think you're being overly generous. Dire. They should be offering compensation.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It sounded dire on the radio. For a home team they offered very little in attacking and we didn't capitalize on that. So so poor because i thought we looked ok against Forest. Feels like a defeat.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I sat the whole game next to Leon Best's Girlfriend - so at least that was nice!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Well done for going though. Pies? Surely something merits a 1/10 or are we talking a big fat donut for tonight's experience?

I didnt have any food at the ground, could not have a drink as I had the car, the 22 blokes on the pitch should have been wearing big red noses!..................Personally I really am struggling to get anything positive from tonight..................well apart from where I had parked my car.....I got away mega quickly......BONUS!!!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two poor teams very low on quality. Texiera tried to make things happen, O'Grady showed that he is a decent centre forward in his 20 minutes other than that I'm struggling.

A poor advert for second division football.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Definitely gets into better positions and a quality service, or so she said!

A Sloth could have got into better positions and been quicker about it!

Sorry about the negativity, but its obvious to see why we are where we are in the league.

Actually there was 2 brilliant things tonight, the guys either side of me in the ground....... @Goldstone1976 and @MacKenzie, both great guys and thanks for your company :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just got to daughter's place after the game.

Positives? No-one died. Dunk was good and had a decent header just wide. Ince made some decent tackles. Stephens looked decent quality for his short cameo. O'Grady held up everything that came to him and laid off well (when there was anyone near enough to him to lay off to). We didn't concede. The ref was quite lenient with us - at least twice I thought a card would be shown, but it wasn't. The ref didn't prolong either side's agony more than absolutely required by the laws of the game.

Negatives. We never really looked like scoring. Kaz was played in central midfield and even when he drifted left didn't make a single run at them, nor did a single step over. JFC wasn't our worst player; that was Best who was pants. They had two clearer chances than we did, and looked more likely to score than us (just). No real skill was shown by anyone. No-one wanted to shoot. The first 45 minutes rank as among the most boring halves of football I've ever seen. I'm left thinking that mid-table mediocrity is a pipe dream this season. We, and they, were dire; just dire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here