Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

next year

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Lets face it, we need nearly a whole new squad. A new right back. a new centre back, (2 if Dunk goes), JFC and Holla can do one, and a striker that can score at least 3 goals in a season!!!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It will be refreshing to have a manager during the summer which we haven't had for the last 2 summers. We need continuity which I believe TB has always wanted. Rightly or wrongly he has always tried to stick with his appointments. He doesn't want to chop and change every 5 minutes and react to the fans knee-jerk demands. Slowly we are getting things right and I have no time for the gloom mongers forever forecasting doom. There are several clubs that do not own their stadiums and training facilities. We have fantastic facilities which will attract the best football people. We will get there eventually.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Hopefully Mr. Houghton will be able to get the player's he wants, without the need to resort to loan players,
which seems to have been the biggest struggle this season.
And also hoping that TB decides to splash a bit more of that cash, which I think we were promised at the start of this season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They basically need to make sure we bounce straight back to the Championship as if the clubs not careful we'll end up doing a Sheffield United and get stuck in league one for years.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It all depends on whether TB wants to continue running the team on the cheap. Good chance we'll be in League One so maybe we'll just carry on with the same nucleus of the team, topped up with loan players.

Thing is I don't think we'll be anything but drab and efficient under Hughton, a beige team if you like.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
IF we stay up, and that's a pretty big if, then we need to entirely rebuild. That means spending money. How willing is Bloom to invest in the playing side? I'm not sure tbh,

But I like Hughton, and he's done it before, which makes him a great appointment in my book. Experience is vital.

A solid preseason, and Burke gone might make all the difference. Let the manager get in the players he wants and we'll go from there,

Whatever league we find ourselves in next season a rebuild is going to have to happen. I wouldn't fancy our chances in League One with such an old defence tbh

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lets face it, we need nearly a whole new squad. A new right back. a new centre back, (2 if Dunk goes), JFC and Holla can do one, and a striker that can score at least 3 goals in a season!!![/QUOTE]

We need four of these, like Middlesborough have (who also have several midfielders that are pushing double figures). Ideally, we need one who can get more than 20.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It will be refreshing to have a manager during the summer which we haven't had for the last 2 summers. We need continuity which I believe TB has always wanted. Rightly or wrongly he has always tried to stick with his appointments. He doesn't want to chop and change every 5 minutes and react to the fans knee-jerk demands. Slowly we are getting things right and I have no time for the gloom mongers forever forecasting doom. There are several clubs that do not own their stadiums and training facilities. We have fantastic facilities which will attract the best football people. We will get there eventually.

Facilities are good but it's money that attracts the best football people.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm normally a positive person but IMO we'll be in league one next season, just has a relegation feel about this year.

Next year we need to sell our older players/assets but try to keep players like Ince, March and dunk. Convince them to stay with big promotion bonuses and build a team around them. Then let some of the more talented u21 players step up and spend some money on young talent, start a fresh.

Relegation is gutting and after the progress weve made over the last 4 years it will be very depressing BUT it's a great oppertunity to cut our cloth and build a young eager squad.
Our wage bill is far too high for the talent we have available to us, we must have a handful of players like Kemy, CMS and Crofts who for various reasons offer very little but whos wages would make up the lion share of a League one playing budget.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Fantastic facilities that are unaffordable and have hardly led to a queue of the best football people wanting to sign up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm normally a positive person but IMO we'll be in league one next season, just has a relegation feel about this year.

Next year we need to sell our older players/assets but try to keep players like Ince, March and dunk. Convince them to stay with big promotion bonuses and build a team around them. Then let some of the more talented u21 players step up and spend some money on young talent, start a fresh.

Relegation is gutting and after the progress weve made over the last 4 years it will be very depressing BUT it's a great oppertunity to cut our cloth and build a young eager squad.
Our wage bill is far too high for the talent we have available to us, we must have a handful of players like Kemy, CMS and Crofts who for various reasons offer very little but whos wages would make up the lion share of a League one playing budget.

Have we got many u21 players that are that talented ? ??? Arn't our u21s relatively weak compared to our lower age groups ?

I can't see any salvation coming from that direction for a while.

Kemy and CMS are off the wage bill in June, and will be long gone.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This will be a summer where we actually need to spend some money. No more loans, freebies, or spending £500K to replace an £8-10million striker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here