Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa played 9 minutes + injury time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:shrug:

I assume tonight's the night for stating the feckin obvious about previous employees of the club :facepalm:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Let's get him in on loan.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In all seriousness, Kramaric coming in for £9m means that Chris Wood now had absolutely no chance whatsoever of any game time at Leicester. 5th choice. We should be all over buying him in the summer.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You may as well attempt to get Aguero in as well, you have an equal chance of it happening.

Are you a mind reader or a Time Lord or what?

Screenshot from 2015-02-10 22:19:05.png

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Lack of quality service/being asked to do too much.

Ulloa is quality, he has easily done a job in the Premier League, as most of us predicted.

Wasn't overrated at all, best striker for us since Bobby, and probably better.

IMO, Murray was and still is better. Murray has the better touch.

Zamora has done it at European level, not to mention scoring a cracker today. He too is better.

Don't get me wrong, Ulloa was a very good player for us but I didn't think he was worth the money Leicester paid. His movement isn't quite as sharp as you'd like in the Prem
I thought Chris Martin of Norwich looked a much better option for Leicester. Surprised no one went in for him.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Lack of quality service/being asked to do too much.

Ulloa is quality, he has easily done a job in the Premier League, as most of us predicted.

Wasn't overrated at all, best striker for us since Bobby, and probably better.

So the problem is the supporting play and the lack of opportunities we create? Why would having Ulloa make these same problems go away?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesus wept, what is wrong with NSC, this thread should have disappeared in a chorus of boos.

For those that don't understand the concept of time I'll keep it simple:-

The past - stuff that's already happened.
The present - stuff that's happening now.
The future - stuff that may or may not happen, going forward.

Employees from the clubs PAST, are at PRESENT no longer connected to this club, and all those that have left for better jobs are very unlikely to return in the FUTURE.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jesus wept, what is wrong with NSC, this thread should have disappeared in a chorus of boos.

The past - stuff that's already happened.

Employees from the clubs PAST, are at PRESENT no longer connected to this club, and all those that have left for better jobs are very unlikely to return in the FUTURE.
Still not following. Firstly I (and others) have no interest in the Prem per se, but we do like to see how our previous players are getting on. A lot of Americans who only follow College football not the NFL do the same with their old players. They're not dead to us just because they no longer play for us. Secondly you've picked the wrong stick with which to beat the club. Even Barber/Bloom/Burke's harshest critics accept that selling Ulloa for 8M was good business, given that he wanted to try his hand in the Prem.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

The past - stuff that's already happene

Why does looking out for past players annoy you?
Should the past ie: history be ignored? Should I not talk about going to the Goldstone ground?
Maybe we should take down the pictures of past players and definitely stop singing about Perer Ward?

If these threads annoy you so much I wouldn't get involved.

I genuinely like looking out for how our old players get on and I can not see how that is a problem

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still not following. Firstly I (and others) have no interest in the Prem per se, but we do like to see how our previous players are getting on. A lot of Americans who only follow College football not the NFL do the same with their old players. They're not dead to us just because they no longer play for us. Secondly you've picked the wrong stick with which to beat the club. Even Barber/Bloom/Burke's harshest critics accept that selling Ulloa for 8M was good business, given that he wanted to try his hand in the Prem.

Why does looking out for past players annoy you?
Should the past ie: history be ignored? Should I not talk about going to the Goldstone ground?
Maybe we should take down the pictures of past players and definitely stop singing about Perer Ward?

If these threads annoy you so much I wouldn't get involved.

I genuinely like looking out for how our old players get on and I can not see how that is a problem
It's so bizarre that as the ref is about to blow his whistle in Cardiff we have 1 thread about Gus, and 1 about Darren Bent at the top of the board.

Barnes and Murray do something, or not, and we get a thread.

This is even before taking into account the transfer window 'I'd have ... back in a heart beat' threads.

Shirley it's impossible to type anything new about Gus, Barnes & Murray let alone them even considering a return.
I mention Ulloa because it's a cracking bit of business and he is 8 (?) goals to the good in the Premier League.
There can't be anymore to say about that, and yet here it comes.

There's 10,000's of professional footballers managers and et al in football.
Our own club is teetering on the brink of a potential meltdown.
Yet NSC is all about Gus, again, for the second time yesterday. :shrug:

Oh and as per the pet thread, I'm seriously fecked off right now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's so bizarre that as the ref is about to blow his whistle in Cardiff we have 1 thread about Gus, and 1 about Darren Bent at the top of the board.

This is even before taking into account the transfer window 'I'd have ... back in a heart beat' threads.

Shirley it's impossible to type anything new about Gus, Barnes & Murray let alone them even considering a return.
I mention Ulloa because it's a cracking bit of business and he is 8 (?) goals to the good in the Premier League.

Maybe we should get Zamora back on loan to save our season :lolol:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
U

I still don't get your point to be honest. Gus was a huge manager for us and brought success, to a debatable degree?
Our past players are doing well, to,a debatable degree? But you don't want us to compare our current players to them or how our current manager is doing compared to a previous one on a football discussion board?

If I only wanted to know about the current team I would buy the Argus, watch the home games at the AMEX and listen to the away games on Sussex radio - so what is North Stand Chat for? Apart from animals in hats on a Friday, obviously?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
U

I still don't get your point to be honest. Gus was a huge manager for us and brought success, to a debatable degree?
Our past players are doing well, to,a debatable degree? But you don't want us to compare our current players to them or how our current manager is doing compared to a previous one on a football discussion board?

If I only wanted to know about the current team I would buy the Argus, watch the home games at the AMEX and listen to the away games on Sussex radio - so what is North Stand Chat for? Apart from animals in hats on a Friday, obviously?
I guess I'm moaning because I'm moany and also moaning about the time of the retrospective naval gazing, plus the fact it's physically impossible to write anything new.

These are the threads for the Wednesday between 2 Saturday away games, not the instant a current game finishes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here