Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket World Cup

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Starts Friday and goes on for an obscene amount of time.

Last time we'll probably get to see Afridi, Sangakkara, Jayawardene and a few others playing.

England in good shape after sacking Cook but Australia have to be huge favourites.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
England in good shape after sacking Cook

I wouldn't go that far. Better, but we still lack decent death bowling and we now have a different tactically naive, unispiring captain who can't buy a run. We'll sneak into the quarters and then get hammered

I agree with your favourite, South Africa will be strong but are the perennial chokers. I fancy New Zealand and Pakistan to do well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wouldn't go that far. Better, but we still lack decent death bowling and we now have a different tactically naive, unispiring captain who can't buy a run. We'll sneak into the quarters and then get hammered

I agree with your favourite, South Africa will be strong but are the perennial chokers. I fancy New Zealand and Pakistan to do well.

At least they've finally dispensed with Jade ****ing Dirtbag. Things are looking a little bit up, in that regard!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quite ridiculous for a minority world sport, it goes on for 6 weeks. Wake me up last week in March..

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I live with an Indian, Pakistani and a South African, it's going to be a lot of fun! Well, apart from the India vs. Pakistan match, which they have not stopped talking about!

My money is on South Africa.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Oct 25, 2003
Minority sport? A match in the last World Cup is claimed to be the most-watched sporting event of all time
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/mar/30/india-pakistan-ultimate-cricket-derby

Cricinfo gets more traffic than any other single-sport website in the world (and Cricbuzz is the 11th)

OK, it's not football but it's a pretty major sport

I agree that six weeks is ridiculously long though

i think (guessing here) that he meant that it isn't really a big sport globally- as in not many countries play it or are interested in it. I'd imagine the big viewing figures would be heavily influenced by the Indian market

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I expect we will limp along hoping to nick a result here and there and try and limp to the second stage. It's going to be painful for England fans.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Here in Oz I'm afraid to say England are given no chance.I fear it's going to be hard to fly the flag over the next six weeks.Still miracles can happen.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Here we go, anyone staying up...

I would ( if I were a betting man ) stick a 5 spot on NZ to win the World Cup, they are a class act in one days and if they get a bit of luck at the right time.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here