Cardiff v Brighton

Sky Bet Championship

• Venue: Cardiff City Stadium
  • Date: Tuesday 10 February
  • Kick-off: 19:45
  • Referee: Ian Williamson
  • Assistants: Mark Derrien, Chris Husband
  • Fourth Official: Gavin Ward

[h=2]TEAM NEWS[/h]• Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall could make his first appearance of 2015 after recovering from an ankle injury.
• Lee Peltier, who came off during Saturday's draw at Sheffield Wednesday with a hip injury, is likely to play. Scott Malone faces a late fitness test.
• Brighton's Dale Stephens may return after 10 months out with ankle ligament damage. Sam Baldock (hamstring) is also set to return after one game out.
• Solly March (calf) is a doubt after coming off against Nottingham Forest.

[h=2]MATCH FACTS[/h] Head-to-Head

• The earlier meeting this season ended as a 1-1 draw at the AMEX Stadium in September.
• Brighton are unbeaten in the last five meetings, winning two. Cardiff's last win was 1-0 at home in the League Cup in August 2007.
• Brighton have won the last two meetings at Cardiff - 3-1 in August 2011 and 2-0 in February 2013.

Cardiff

• Cardiff have lost four of their last five games in all competitions, drawing the other. Their last win was 1-0 against Fulham at home in the Championship on 10 January.
• That win against Fulham is Cardiff's only win in their last five home games in the Championship.

Brighton

• Brighton have lost four of their last five games in all competitions, winning the other. Their only win since 10 January was 3-2 against Ipswich at home in the Championship on 21 January.
• Brighton lost their last away game 1-0 at Blackpool on 31 January, after winning their previous three away games in all competitions.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Let's hope Marshall averages out his performances across the two games this season and has an absolute howler.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I hope Baldock is available to start, also hoping KLL isn't too shattered after playing far more minutes than anticipated on Saturday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Match Forecast
Brighton will dominate possession
Brighton will make a comeback if they go behind
Brighton will score as a result of individual skill
Brighton will steal the ball from the opposition often
Cardiff will score from a wingplay situation
* Match forecast is generated from clashes in team characteristics.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830324/Preview

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
cf: http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154564

My thoughts are that we were so dominant with the home fixture, that the away game should not hold any fears. However, It rarely works out like that at all. Cardiff more than most seem to be a home team and poor travellers over the years.

I have predicted an Albion bad defeat. I think we will go a goal arrears and let some more in when committing ourselves in a search of an equaliser. Same old story.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I would love to stay up for this but already 10pm here and I gotta be up at 6am.
Weekend alright, but only cup games midweek for me..............followed by a day with one eye open.:nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The third of a 4 game losing spell :down:

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Match Forecast
Brighton will dominate possession
Brighton will make a comeback if they go behind
Brighton will score as a result of individual skill
Brighton will steal the ball from the opposition often
Cardiff will score from a wingplay situation
* Match forecast is generated from clashes in team characteristics.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830324/Preview

They also seem to be predicting that Cardiff will play in Red, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here