Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How sad

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Being a relatively new poster on here and just finding my way around the forum I came across a sad discovery.

When someone makes a particularly interesting post it always makes me curious to read their profile just to see what age they might be. Or where they are from and things like that. Just general curiosity things. Then you look in the friends section to see who they are friends with and that's where the sadness comes in.

If they have none on this site the wording states '' XXXXXXXXX has not made any friends yet '' maybe it's just me but once I got over finding it funny I start to think ''Ah Bless em'' I hope they find someone soon

Reminds me of my secretary who has been on dating websites for years looking for a boyfriend.

Perhaps the site organisers could rephrase the wording to something less patronising ? After all maybe they don't actually want friends.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Being a relatively new poster on here and just finding my way around the forum I came across a sad discovery.

When someone makes a particularly interesting post it always makes me curious to read their profile just to see what age they might be. Or where they are from and things like that. Just general curiosity things. Then you look in the friends section to see who they are friends with and that's where the sadness comes in.

If they have none on this site the wording states '' XXXXXXXXX has not made any friends yet '' maybe it's just me but once I got over finding it funny I start to think ''Ah Bless em'' I hope they find someone soon

Reminds me of my secretary who has been on dating websites for years looking for a boyfriend.

Perhaps the site organisers could rephrase the wording to something less patronising ? After all maybe they don't actually want friends.

I think you are on your own on that one.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I wouldn't want to be friends with anybody on here.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

LOL LOL LOL LOL - Sorry no availlable pics. I always describe her as a female version of Keith Lemon..........................Always after people who are totally out of their league.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would it make you feel less sad for them if you knew that they probably have some good friends, as well as a wife or girlfriend, in real life? I sincerely expect that most, if not all, of them do have. That's with the exception of some of the Palace fans; anyone who spends as much time as that lot do on an Internet forum of a team that they don't support clearly has no life.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
LOL LOL LOL LOL - Sorry no availlable pics. I always describe her as a female version of Keith Lemon..........................Always after people who are totally out of their league.

I'm game. I'm quite confident that my league is Rymans premier, send her my way and I'll have a word

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm game. I'm quite confident that my league is Rymans premier, send her my way and I'll have a word

Ah - So your in a ''big punt up the park'' league, playing a lone big lone striker up front Worthingite ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

In the words of the Messiah "brightonmark00<insertnumberhere>" I hereby utter the immortal words...

"Ok mate"

You have been blessed my son

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Some of us are friends in the real world though :thumbsup:

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010

I had no idea you add a friend! I wonder if some people just add as many as possible like on FB where you see people with thousands of 'friends' on the profile, just to appear popular...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here