Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it just me that finds this depressing rather than inspiring?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lopez showed some good pace right at the end to setup Ulloa.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we had won at hull on the opening day, or not let in those last minute goals against bolton and birmingham, we would have finished second :( :( :(
The goalkeeping howlers v Birmingham and Forest, have cost us dearly, and set us back 3-4 years at least.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The goalkeeping howlers v Birmingham and Forest, have cost us dearly, and set us back 3-4 years at least.

I think its better for these mistakes to happen now and give the Manager time to sort them out on the training ground as opposed to nearer the end of the season. There are still plenty points to be won and I think losing the last 2 games shows that we are capable of being better than other sides in this division and I would be more worried if teams were over-running us every week

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think its better for these mistakes to happen now and give the Manager time to sort them out on the training ground as opposed to nearer the end of the season. There are still plenty points to be won and I think losing the last 2 games shows that we are capable of being better than other sides in this division and I would be more worried if teams were over-running us every week
Well you are right, although I was referring to the freak goalkeeping howlers 2 seasons ago, which cost us the points to get 2nd place.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
what i find funny is that most of the cardiff fans in the stadium are wearing red shirts and red scarfs.

It was the nights they were giving away free red scarfs I recall - we were singing "you're only here for the scarfs"

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oh cheer up you miserable gits. Next year might be amazing; and even if it isn't there's more to life.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
White Dragon of Sussex is a bit of a sneak. Took care of the Red Dragon of Wales.

Seriously, I was dismayed and I must have felt like Forest on Saturday. Bardiff was robbed.

After winning at Cardiff, I thought we weren't good enough to go up.

Thought the same when we lost to Spurs this season. But our team was a bit naff that day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

If it's any consolation, just about every other team in the league could speak of similar scenarios.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I remember that match well. They totally smashed us up but a combination of PIG and some luck kept them out.

Also worth highlighting the two very quick breaks that led to both goals. We don't score with quick breaks anymore, just lumbering attacks that hopefully lead to a free kick or corner.

Oh how I miss those days.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well it doesn't depress me. It's a game from our history, and we won against the run of play. Whereas this season we have lost too many against the run of play. I'm confident with time we will manage to put a team together, rather than eleven different players every game. But I confess it's disturbing how many good players this club has let slip through its fingers all in the name of austerity! :rolleyes:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Although your comment is unrelated to the thread, I have to say that if you can gain comfort from the last two performances, then whoopee!
We lost at Blackpool, comfortably the worst team in the division and all I heard were players and fans blaming the pitch. It was an appalling display. Saturday ( back on our billiard table...so no excuses then ) we played a bang average side in Forest, devoid of confidence and the same senior pro's who came up with the excuses at Blackpool let us down again.
I'm glad you're not worried that teams are not over-running us. Lets just keep losing narrowly to poor sides!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here