Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We can turn around home form, says Albion new boy Kayal [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
BERAM Kayal is confident manager Chris Hughton can inspire a home form turnaround for Albion.
The Israeli midfielder, left, bought by Hughton from Celtic, scored shortly after his late debut as a substitute in Saturday's 3-2 home defeat by Nottingham Forest.
Kayal headed Albion back into contention, his first goal since scoring for Celtic in the Champions League against Ajax 15 months ago, but the Seagulls have now won only three out of 15 home league games this season.
Kayal told The Argus: “We have good players, a great squad, a great staff, so we have everything to come here (to the Amex) and not just play nice football, but to make sure we win these games.
“I will take playing badly and winning, especially in the position we are in right now. With the manager we have, we are going to find the right system and find the way to win games.”
Kayal almost snatched an equaliser following a rare header from a corner.
“I think the last one was against Villarreal for Celtic in a pre-season friendly,” he said. “I’m 100 per cent not a striker! I came on at 2-1 and two minutes later they scored the third one so I just tried to help my mates to come back into the game.
“It’s always nice to score goals, but for me it’s not an important thing. If it was the winning goal then I’d be happier.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here