Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: We must rally the players and pick up points away from home [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION boss Chris Hughton has called on his team to reproduce their away form at the start of his reign in response to another setback at the Amex.
Saturday’s 3-2 defeat by Nottingham Forest, the fifth out of eight at home in all competitions, has left the Seagulls still dangerously close to the Championship relegation zone.
They could fall back into the bottom three if they fail to pick up points from trips to Cardiff tomorrow night and Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Hughton said: “Everybody has got a lot of games – we’ve got two tough ones away. We've showed at Brentford in the (FA) Cup and at Charlton in recent weeks that we can get results away from home and we are going to have to make sure we rally the players again and look forward to a game on Tuesday.”
Solly March, drafted into the starting line-up on the left-wing in place of the injured Sam Baldock, is expected to miss the journey to Wales.
He lasted only 19 minutes against Forest after suffering a calf injury in a challenge by Forest right-back Eric Lichaj.
Kazenga LuaLua had to be thrown on sooner than Hughton would have liked on his first team return from knee trouble which had sidelined him since November.
Hughton was unhappy referee Chris Sarginson did not take action against American Lichaj.
He said: “I thought he (Sarginson) was very lenient. I thought it was a poor challenge on Solly. I haven’t seen it again but he has got studs down his calf.
“He was feeling his way into the game in a different position wide on the left. Generally he has played on the right. It’s a shame, because it ended his game and he is going to be very sore.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here