Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Hidden" Quotes

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Got a couple of notifications for quotes that are listed as "hidden"
Never come across that before. Is it new and does it mean I've said something I shouldn't have or has someone been abusing me that I can't know about or someone on my ignore list?
Curious.....???

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I had one of these the other day - I'd also like to know what it means ???
[MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] I've added you to my ignore list so try quoting me :moo:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I tried trawling through threads that I had been active on but couldn't find anything that explained the "hidden" quote :shrug:

Maybe a mod will explain?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had one I think it is when you have been quoted and not read the notification the the thread gets closed by a mod.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I tried trawling through threads that I had been active on but couldn't find anything that explained the "hidden" quote :shrug:

Maybe a mod will explain?

If I knew the answer, I'd happily oblige. But I don't :shrug:

Your suggestion of it being due to someone you've blocked quoting you sounds plausible. severnside gull has now quoted you (in this thread) - got a "hidden" quote? If not - I'd suggest Bozza's your man...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Thanks Beach Hut. That makes more sense than anything I've come up with. Now I am intrigued though to find the thread and what was said and why closed? :lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If someone you're not ignoring quotes someone you are ignoring, the text of that quote will be hidden.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I had one I think it is when you have been quoted and not read the notification the the thread gets closed by a mod.

You're right. Well done you :thumbsup: Finally found it!
It was a thread with a survey about dementia so I can guess that the usual friendly joshing got out of hand but as it is closed and rapidly sinking down the pages I guess I will never know who has an even worse sense of humour than me or exactly what they said.

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here