Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Hidden" Quotes

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Got a couple of notifications for quotes that are listed as "hidden"
Never come across that before. Is it new and does it mean I've said something I shouldn't have or has someone been abusing me that I can't know about or someone on my ignore list?
Curious.....???

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I had one of these the other day - I'd also like to know what it means ???
[MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] I've added you to my ignore list so try quoting me :moo:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I tried trawling through threads that I had been active on but couldn't find anything that explained the "hidden" quote :shrug:

Maybe a mod will explain?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had one I think it is when you have been quoted and not read the notification the the thread gets closed by a mod.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I tried trawling through threads that I had been active on but couldn't find anything that explained the "hidden" quote :shrug:

Maybe a mod will explain?

If I knew the answer, I'd happily oblige. But I don't :shrug:

Your suggestion of it being due to someone you've blocked quoting you sounds plausible. severnside gull has now quoted you (in this thread) - got a "hidden" quote? If not - I'd suggest Bozza's your man...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Thanks Beach Hut. That makes more sense than anything I've come up with. Now I am intrigued though to find the thread and what was said and why closed? :lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
If someone you're not ignoring quotes someone you are ignoring, the text of that quote will be hidden.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I had one I think it is when you have been quoted and not read the notification the the thread gets closed by a mod.

You're right. Well done you :thumbsup: Finally found it!
It was a thread with a survey about dementia so I can guess that the usual friendly joshing got out of hand but as it is closed and rapidly sinking down the pages I guess I will never know who has an even worse sense of humour than me or exactly what they said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here