Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deep in Albion Depression this morning - post as a form of therapy!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
So I have a relatively expensive season ticket which costs me £60 ish a month. Added to that I spend a good 20-30 quid a game on drinks and food. I am hardly unique in this. And probably can't really afford to be spending that much every month.

I have been to every home game this season and one away. I have seen us win in the league 3 times at the Amex. (I think thats right). Just 3. Only one of those saw us play well (ipswich).

It is rather sad that whilst all around me yesterday, my fellow season ticket holders were venting their fury, I was just resigned to losing as soon as they equalised. Found myself wondering why I bother. This may make me a bad fan, a fair weather fan or just a plastic JCL. Call me what you like.

Don't get me wrong - I care. probably too much. But when I see we have sold all our best players, pocketed the money and not replaced those players with any sort of quality - or when I hear TB say we are ahead of the game for the January window and pretty much nothing happens - then i have to wonder what the hell is going on.

Season ticket renewal time soon. Yesterday's attendance looked pretty much back to Hyypia levels. You have to wonder how many will renew. I will. Mainly because its my get together time with my brother. I certainly will not be renewing with any great expectation of watching any decent football or seeing us achieve this 'one ambition'. Laughable. :nono:

Has all that moaning made me feel better? Err....no.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Try "It's only a game of football". Works for me.

If I wanted continuous success, which so many of our fans appear to, I would bu..er off and support Bayern Munich or Real Madrid. And be bored out of my tiny at the end of the third season of overwhelming the domestic competition and skint through shelling out for endless games of techy football against the other "giants" of European football.

As Joni Mitchell so eloquently put it "You don't know what you got 'til it's gone".

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Feel the same as the OP. Thought the corner had been turned - wrong! Tough few months ahead. Also now working shifts, misses wants me to give up my son and I's season tickets as she wants to see us when I am off at the weekend. Current progress not helping my arguments :-(. Really, really down today - I know it's only a game.....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not sure I agree. I really thought we were going to snatch a point, and if Forest hadn't brought their own woodwork it could have been so different. Teixeira managed to overcome man-marking (admittedly only by Gardner), Kayal looked good, Ince was immense again and Kaz coming back gives us hope for the next few months.

And at least you get the maximum from your season-ticket. I'm paying for a half-share of one I seldom get to use.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Interesting your thoughts on the resignation to defeat, had the same feeling yesterday, but strangely wasn't unhappy. If we go down, hey ho, it'll be a lesson to the board not to try and be smart and take the Championship for granted. Don't feel bad about your thoughts, the football is not very good at the moment, but you summed it up when saying you had some time with your brother which I bet in this busy life is your only time with him alone. Football is not only about the game but its about spending time with those around you and having a common bond. Ultimately we follow the club because the players represent us, so we are allowed to feel disappointed when we are served up with poor performance and gutless approaches to games. At the end of the day we all want to win every game and always live in hope, but ging to the game gives us quality time that we don't always get. I think many have settled for what we have this season so win or lose there are no longer any surprises.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Interesting your thoughts on the resignation to defeat, had the same feeling yesterday, but strangely wasn't unhappy. If we go down, hey ho, it'll be a lesson to the board not to try and be smart and take the Championship for granted. Don't feel bad about your thoughts, the football is not very good at the moment, but you summed it up when saying you had some time with your brother which I bet in this busy life is your only time with him alone. Football is not only about the game but its about spending time with those around you and having a common bond. Ultimately we follow the club because the players represent us, so we are allowed to feel disappointed when we are served up with poor performance and gutless approaches to games. At the end of the day we all want to win every game and always live in hope, but ging to the game gives us quality time that we don't always get. I think many have settled for what we have this season so win or lose there are no longer any surprises.

Good post. Cheered me up. Almost!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You still got to see an entertaining game and, I'm assuming, had a laugh and a beer with your brother.

It's sort of odd that football/sports fans around the world don't feel like they get entertained unless the correct team wins.

Last week at Blackpool was shit though. Can't see how they can ever expect to see a decent standard played on that pitch.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Chin up OP!

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

(I enjoyed yesterdays game BTW. Then again I am still reeling from the dire Hyppia.)

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Feel the same as the OP. Thought the corner had been turned - wrong! Tough few months ahead. Also now working shifts, misses wants me to give up my son and I's season tickets as she wants to see us when I am off at the weekend. Current progress not helping my arguments :-(. Really, really down today - I know it's only a game.....

Only one ansa - buy your wifey a season ticket too :)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I just try and focus on the positives of the game, what few they might be:

- Kayal looked good on his debut and scored a very nice header
- The goal-machine that is Lewis Dunk ended his scoring drought
- Ince was as dominant as ever
- Lualua was back and threatening once again

Onwards and upwards.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I came away feeling quite positive to be honest. The better team lost - I wasn't thinking that too often under Hyypia!

Kayal looks a real gem. LuaLua is back (albeit a little rusty). Stephens is on his way back.

And for the first time in years - we always look a real threat from set pieces! (yes ok we can't score in open play but every time time we get a corner or free kick now, the delivery is so much better).

Keep the faith OP - we will be just about ok this year come May and as stated above, the board have had a massive wake up call.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I found that not bothering to watch the Football League Show is a good starting point................and an early night works wonders :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We'll tear up League One next season (or League Two season after next).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Try "It's only a game of football". Works for me.

If I wanted continuous success, which so many of our fans appear to, I would bu..er off and support Bayern Munich or Real Madrid. And be bored out of my tiny at the end of the third season of overwhelming the domestic competition and skint through shelling out for endless games of techy football against the other "giants" of European football.

As Joni Mitchell so eloquently put it "You don't know what you got 'til it's gone".

Even then, you'll have to suffer getting tonked 4-0 by your 'lesser' local rivals :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here's some advice: Man up. We've got two more divisions to drop through before it gets half way to serious!

Sincerely, it'll be ok. See you next week, you know you'll be back for more...;)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to confess that yesterday's defeat left me more depressed than at any other time this season. I have no idea why but probably because even with a change of manager it seems that nothing will change. There are only so many times you can claim bad luck and I am a believer that you make you own. It is plain that we just aren't good enough. That was a very poor Forest side until we let them back into the game and we never really looked like we have what it takes to win the game.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea

If we go down we will be financially screwed. S/t sales will plummet and will be very hard to recover. TB has underestimated the strength of bad feeling towards the club through bad decissions by himself Burke,Barber and Hyypia. Never felt so low apart from the Archer years.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
I was at my lowest ebb this season towards the end of December under Hyypia. When we looked like we had no fight in the team and the tactics were woeful.
I didn't feel we played that badly yesterday we were unfortunate, we hit the wood work 3 times and their keeper made a couple of good saves.
Yes we need to defend better, but at least we are making chances. We will get better especially with the players coming back Lua Lua, Stephens and with Crofts to come back. We also have Kayal who looks to be a good player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here