Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Im going out - screw cooking

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Today im going to be cooking up a nice bit of Roast Pork, got me thinking, what will everyone else be doing for their's?

My favourite is a nice bit of Beef and maybe some Chicken to go with it, mix it up a bit. Some people like to add a little twist to their's also, so for the poll - What roast meat are you having today and comments what is your favourite roast meat and any tips to share for making it perfect, for the rest of us NSCers.

Veg option is here also :)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Gone for the pork option today, the wife has got the crackling spot on recently. Do prefer a decent chunk of roast cow as it means I can have big slabs with horseradish in my sarnies during the week.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got a love slab of beef today. Yorkies, roast tatties, stuffing, pigs in blankets, sprouts, parsnip, peas, thick onion gravy. Jobs a gooodun.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
A few years ago we used to do a roast most Sunday's, but with the children now leading their own lives, meeting friends and working, it has become a rare event. Today will be a beef stew with dumplings. Wife and I often go out on a Sunday for a meal but never choose a roast as can never find one that is good as home, usually because the potatoes are poor. Last few outings have been at the Indian Summer and Curry Leaf.
Potatoes are best with goose fat.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Today we will be having a lovely ploughmans, we have the in laws round, who great company but not big eaters so it suits well. We have a Sunday roast maybe twice a month, which we feel is enough for us. Bon appetite to all!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A few years ago we used to do a roast most Sunday's, but with the children now leading their own lives, meeting friends and working, it has become a rare event. Today will be a beef stew with dumplings. Wife and I often go out on a Sunday for a meal but never choose a roast as can never find one that is good as home, usually because the potatoes are poor. Last few outings have been at the Indian Summer and Curry Leaf.
Potatoes are best with goose fat.

This. Can't be bothered to do a full roast now there's just the 2 of us at home. Fortunately, our local just round the corner does a perfectly acceptable one.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
A slow roast lamb today. I have no idea about how it happens as I have a cooking fairy at home. She also makes a lovely cup of tea which is why I married her.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In the morning it always seems such a wonderful idea, what can be better than a lazy roast.

But in reality you toil all day and sit down with the kids, its all over in ten minutes and you're left with a mountain of washing up and you wonder if it was all worth it, not cheap either.

I still love a roast and its an important cultural part of our Sundays, but I do wonder if its just better to sometimes to go out to eat, spend a couple of quid more and leave the washing up to them.

Lamb stew today ... where did that come from ??

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just have to tell the world I've just cooked the crunchiest roast known to man.

Pork and roast potatoes cooked for a touch too long.
The crackling shattered like glass when I tonked it with the handle of the carving knife.
The veg was slightly al dente.
The Yorkshire puds (don't judge me I just loves them so much) were all but perfect.

Every mouthful was a crunch sensation, except the gravy. :lol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Vegetarian today, unfortunately. Legit Lamb Roast tomorrow at Sister's though as she kindly caters for both vegetarians and normal people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here