Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened after the Fire Drill at the Amex yesterday ? There was one on about 87 ..

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

... minutes yeah ?

I am a Fire Marshall at work so I chanced it and STAYED TO CHEER ON MY TEAM IN THEIR QUEST FOR AN EQUALISER .

Then left on full time and got home via train and bus here in BN1 by 17:50 a quick stroll to PP and in George Payne by 18:40 via Hove and Aldrington !

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I must concur.

Left after the final whistle, got on the second train to Brighton, bought a bottle of wine at the station, got next train to Hove. Then had a twenty minute walk home, arrived indoors at about 6.10pm.

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Stayed until the end, clapped the team off, had a pre trip wee, got a cup of coffee. Home in Uckfield by 5:50.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Massive exodus after their third goal, take note Barber for season ticket renewals

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
We stayed until the end and had a beer after an then straight onto the train.
But that was the worst I had seen everyone get up and walk out so quickly.
Some people about 6 rows down left when we conceded the 2nd goal on 63minutes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Massive exodus after their third goal, take note Barber for season ticket renewals

I fail to see how a third goal scored by the opposition in the 87th minute is any different at the Amex compared to 92 other grounds. Did you see how empty Man City was yesterday as they scored their equaliser in the 90+3 minute.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We stayed until the end and had a beer after an then straight onto the train.
But that was the worst I had seen everyone get up and walk out so quickly.
Some people about 6 rows down left when we conceded the 2nd goal on 63minutes.

You always get this type of fan though. The group next to us went down to the concourse after arsenal scored their second two weeks ago, although they did come back again as the bars were shut.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I have never really had an issue with people leaving early, its their prerogative and up to them. I will always stay until the end of the match and clap the team off, that's my choice, as much as leaving early is there's.

However, there is one group that really wind me up, no one else except these guys. They come into the stand 2-3 mins into the game without fail, then leave every match on 37 mins to go to the concourse, returning on average about 50-52 mins. They done this as normal yesterday and then left after the 2nd goal. Now that really is an absolute example of people that don't give a crap. To be honest, I really don't know why this group turn out to watch as they certainly don't support the team.

Rant over - feel better now

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Clapped team off, beer and fag in North stand and back in Haywards Heath for 6.10. Half our 'fans' leaving early means it's easy to get a pint after and the trains are good. Even got a seat to Lewes!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Funniest as they were announcing the attendance at the time "Todays attendance is 26,000" Goal "Bugger it, todays attendance is 12,000"

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
i think this season has been very testing at the Amex and that 3rd goal just tested a hell of a lot of people further.I cant ever remember a season following the Albion where we have been so frail at home.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I applaud you super fans, next time I see you on the concourse I will bow to your superiority. No need to wear a carnation I think I will recognise you by the smug look which I am imagining will be like Mrs Doyle off Father Ted.
Another thing, you should be thanking those that left early, as obviously it helped you get your trains promptly after you battled on watching, YOUR team, to the bitter end.
I was home by 5.15.

Last edited:

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I have never really had an issue with people leaving early, its their prerogative and up to them. I will always stay until the end of the match and clap the team off, that's my choice, as much as leaving early is there's.

However, there is one group that really wind me up, no one else except these guys. They come into the stand 2-3 mins into the game without fail, then leave every match on 37 mins to go to the concourse, returning on average about 50-52 mins. They done this as normal yesterday and then left after the 2nd goal. Now that really is an absolute example of people that don't give a crap. To be honest, I really don't know why this group turn out to watch as they certainly don't support the team.

Rant over - feel better now

you're obviously getting more entertainment 'people watching' than watching the match !!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I left at half time when it was 1-1 as i had to be somewhere.
What happened in the second half did we not win?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I think it is about time to get Barber to introduce scanning on the way out so we can get discounts or rebates on the season ticket for minutes not seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here