Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Wow we've been mugged off for this fella. £1 million quid and he turns up over weight! Then even when he does lose some timber he continues to lose us points.

Horror signing and an awful keeper

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A tale of 2 ends:

Brighton 24 attempts, 6 on target, 2 goals

Forest 8 attempts, 3 on target, 3 goals

Poor shooting, poor keeping

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seems to be improving but the first goal was def his fault and another Cardiff. It's like he was bored of not being in the action so felt he needed to prove something again. Came off his line almost as a pre determined action then got caught in no mans land. It was a horrifically soft header too - not proper contact and should never have been allowed to go in - almost in slow motion. If he'd stated in his line he would've casually caught the poor header. So annoying!

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Seems to be improving but the first goal was def his fault and another Cardiff. It's like he was bored of not being in the action so felt he needed to prove something again. Came off his line almost as a pre determined action then got caught in no mans land. It was a horrifically soft header too - not proper contact and should never have been allowed to go in - almost in slow motion. If he'd stated in his line he would've casually caught the poor header. So annoying!

Unfortunately he's just a bad goal keeper. I still can't believe people not realising that Blackpool goal was an absolute keeping howler and as for today just wow.

Lovely fella and he's great for prematch hugs but my word he's cost us a lot of points this seaon. Not fit to lace tommy k's boots

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Unfortunately he's just a bad goal keeper. I still can't believe people not realising that Blackpool goal was an absolute keeping howler and as for today just wow.

Lovely fella and he's great for prematch hugs but my word he's cost us a lot of points this seaon. Not fit to lace tommy k's boots

Why does this need another thread from the other pathetic one abusing Stockdale? We have some pathetic fans.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Is that the same Tommy k who played for a losing Wolves side today?

The same PIG that let in a poor first goal that would have had the Stockdale haters up in arms. I really am trying to stay behind Stockdale but he does need to improve. Unfortunately I think the bigger problem is the lack of defence in front of him with only Dunk looking championship standard atm. Greer, Calde, Bruno and Bennett all not up to it IMHO and the lack of investment in our back four in the last 3 years is shocking.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Wow we've been mugged off for this fella. £1 million quid and he turns up over weight! Then even when he does lose some timber he continues to lose us points.

Horror signing and an awful keeper

Next Tues you'll be singing his praises after a clean sheet.

This board is so something that rhymes with pickle.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry folks, but that howler from Stockdale yesterday was far from his first mistake. He has cost us so many points with his gaffes this season, Probably more mistakes in fact than Tomas Kuszczak made in three years with the club.

Christian Walton just HAS to start on Tuesday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The same PIG that let in a poor first goal that would have had the Stockdale haters up in arms. I really am trying to stay behind Stockdale but he does need to improve. Unfortunately I think the bigger problem is the lack of defence in front of him with only Dunk looking championship standard atm. Greer, Calde, Bruno and Bennett all not up to it IMHO and the lack of investment in our back four in the last 3 years is shocking.

This, but can't see threads on 'Greer is past it' every time we lose.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Stockers has some great attributes like coming for crosses and kicking, handling though is sometimes not up to scratch. Another little run out for Walton might do the trick.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Sorry but after yesterday the whole defence needs a good tongue lashing. There was a general lack of concentration, giving away of stupid freekicks, at one time Greer was standing with his arms outstretched shouting at everyone and he was the one not marking up. People really should watch the right side of the defence closely, at the moment we've got a rightback whose an accident waiting to happen and we usually get 1 a game and a captain whose got the turning circle of a bus and it's not a quick one. As for the goalie whether the players infront of him trust him I,m not sure but one thing is sure he's not stopping much.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry but after yesterday the whole defence needs a good tongue lashing. There was a general lack of concentration, giving away of stupid freekicks, at one time Greer was standing with his arms outstretched shouting at everyone and he was the one not marking up. People really should watch the right side of the defence closely, at the moment we've got a rightback whose an accident waiting to happen and we usually get 1 a game and a captain whose got the turning circle of a bus and it's not a quick one. As for the goalie whether the players infront of him trust him I,m not sure but one thing is sure he's not stopping much.

You'd be better off looking at the left more, excluding set plays, the majority of goals are coming as a result of Bennetts inability to defend.

Which given both of our opinion's, perhaps as you say, it's the entire defence that needs looking at.....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'm not defending Stockdale as I do think he is poor. But PIG had Ward, and Upson in front of him last season. Bennett is not as good as Ward and Dunk is not as experienced as Upson. As for Greer, he is shot. If your looking for reasons to slate Stockdale, here would be a good place to look. In fact all over the pitch, PIG, Upson, Ward, Buckley, Barnes, Ulloa and even the loan of Lingard. Not 1 of those players has been replaced with some of equal quality. None of this is Hughtons fault and I think we have just enough to stay up. But make no bones about it, the whole squad is poor to average at best and needs surgery all over the park. When you sell a player for £8m and replace him with one who cost £500k what do people really expect???..This squad needs millions spent on it just to get back close to where we were just a year ago, will this happen??? That's anyone guess.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
You'd be better off looking at the left more, excluding set plays, the majority of goals are coming as a result of Bennetts inability to defend.

Which given both of our opinion's, perhaps as you say, it's the entire defence that needs looking at.....

He isn't great defensively is he ? I know we were short of options but playing Baldock in front of Bennett didn't help him. Baldock is probably the worst tackler at the club since Paul Brooker and needs to get back up front, where this matters less.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry folks, but that howler from Stockdale yesterday was far from his first mistake. He has cost us so many points with his gaffes this season, Probably more mistakes in fact than Tomas Kuszczak made in three years with the club.

Christian Walton just HAS to start on Tuesday.

Sorry so you make up a fact and then use it to back up your argument in two threads. Kuszczak was here TWO seasons!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He isn't great defensively is he ? I know we were short of options but playing Baldock in front of Bennett didn't help him. Baldock is probably the worst tackler at the club since Paul Brooker and needs to get back up front, where this matters less.

Yes Baldock out wide is just wrong, especially given that at the moment arguably he is our best finisher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here